Decisions, decsions.. e34 & e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions, decsions.. e34 & e30

Was messing with both of the cars today and snapped a couple pics.. I'm trying to decide what to do with this e30. My plan is to pull the "built" motor from the e34 and run it in the e30, then to sell the e34 with the stock motor to fund my e30 build. It all sounds good on paper, a 220-230whp e30 will be much more entertaining than the e34 is now, but I am partial to the looks of the black car and slightly hesitant to let it go. The e30 is a '88 325is that hasn't been driven more than ~5k miles in the last 6 years, was strictly for auto-x but I'm in the process of making it more of a DD. Anyways, here they are, someone make my decision easier and buy my e34!

Need to roll the fenders

No more stretch
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

I wouldn't sell the E34 . It looks crisp.

Originally posted by E30_fiend
    Simply sexy.
    Originally posted by PУCCKAЯ_e30ka
    man... I took my little E30 outside for a ride, now 5sp.... there is no other car like E30... PERIOD. Don't know how to explain, but driving E30 is like having sex with a girl of your dreams, but the girl is a bit inexperienced, so you have to show her what to do and she will do it beautifully! ohhh man... after I got the 5sp tranny in it, it is all new love all over again! :)))

Comment

You can't go wrong with either...But i like the 220-230whp e30 idea.

Comment

Damn the e34 looks sick!!! I would have a hard time parting with it. Unless.. you donate, the stance, wheels and engine.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 91eson318is View Post
          You can't go wrong with either...But i like the 220-230whp e30 idea.
          X2!

That e30 would be a lot more fun to drive than the e34 with that beast in it! Once you get the suspension set-up for the extra weight of the motor, it will be well worth it.

I'd say throw the m20 in the e34 and just keep it as a daily. I wouldn't get rid of either car.
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I know, its tough to let it go! I still have the stock b35 from the e34 actually, so no problem there. I would only sell the e34 because ever since I bought my house, I don't really spend much money on cars unless its generated from other car related stuff. So if I sold the e34, I could free up the cash to really build a nice e30, and I already have coilovers/wheels for my e28 so that'll be the DD.
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Any chance you would sell the t-stars? Or trade them for something?
              sigpic

Comment

I dont know man, you're E34 is hot. I regret getting rid of mine a few years ago...
                Originally posted by Simon S
                When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

that's a really tough choice. find a way to keep them both. you're gonna kick yourself after you sell the e34.

Comment

I know, it truly is tough. This was the first car I ever bought entirely on my own, so I am definitely attached to it. But the e30 is much more deserving of that motor, its just wasting space in a 3600 lb car. I could keep the e34 and make the e30 a slow project, but I'd rather be able to do it all at once (5 lug, motor swap, suspension, wheels)
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Sell the E30 and Turbo the E34?

E34 has such an incredible stance. What are the specs on your wheels/tires and suspension on the E34?

E30 has potential, that's for sure.
                      The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff325iS View Post
                        Sell the E30 and Turbo the E34?

E34 has such an incredible stance. What are the specs on your wheels/tires and suspension on the E34?

E30 has potential, that's for sure.
                        No I've definitely decided I'm finished dumping money into the e34. I can fix the stance on the e30 and it is in much better shape overall. No matter what I do, the e34 will still be a heavy, heavy car.
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

e34 or the e30 with stance. If it was vice versa being the e30 with the stance and the e34 stock height and you posted this on a e34 forum you would get the same response being the e30 for the better.
                          92 Granite Silver Vert
                          M60B40 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by RedHoodRidah View Post
                            e34 or the e30 with stance. If it was vice versa being the e30 with the stance and the e34 stock height and you posted this on a e34 forum you would get the same response being the e30 for the better.
                            Yeah regadless of which car it is, I'm basically going to do the same thing exterior-wise. My plan for the e30 is Ground Controls with shortened housings and some sort of 5 lug mesh.. ACT's, Remotecs or plain ol' RSes
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Keep the E34, raise it a bit. E34 M5 muffler, yes?
                              - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                              E36 325i sedan
                              E30 325i sedan
                              Volvo 945T

Comment

Working...
                              X