New Member here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member here.

Hey guys. picked up my first e30 about 2 months ago. and have been lurking around.

here it is. the plans are 5 speed swap, suspension, and i am currently re-finishing a set of ARE 398's (2 piece BBS RS clones from like 1985.)

that, and enjoy the fuck out of this car. I am already, just hate driving a slushbox.

cheers.
    Jay

Welcome to r3v. Looks like a great starter. What suspension do you plan on running?
    sigpic

Comment

Clean point to start. M52 it when you do the 5 speed.

Comment

nice find. car looks really clean. congrats and enjoy :D
        Toyota Pickup

Comment

nice armrest + gray interior. pics of AREs right meow lol
          sweet car
          Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

thanks! the PO had all the options heated seats, map lights, arm rest etc.

she turned 160K the other day so i bought a euro plate recess from the dealer of all places to celebrate.

oh, here are the wheels separated apart, and the centers are blasted for powdercoat. it is just a PITA to polish the lips. so that wont be done for a while.

suspension wise, i am not sure, i was planning on sending an email to weitec to ask about their coilovers, but see alot of people running GC & Konis.

Comment

nice start very clean body.

Comment

oh and slam it,

Comment

Ive got a set of 205 50 15"s for the wheels...which btw are 15x7.5

i dont think that i want to slam it, being a NYC resident, just want to get it to look good & handle for when i do leave the city....not that i dont love the way they look slammed.

Comment

got my BBS RS center caps last night...now i have to mod them to fit in the ARE's since there is no way in hell i could find the proper centercaps for these. my friend had been looking for years. (i also will be putting in BMW emblems in them, im not gonna fake BBS's)

Comment

That looks like a very clean car. Congrats. How much did the wheels run you? And how much are you being charged for the powder coating?

You should clean up those side moldings too (or maybe it's an optical illusion).

Comment

Car looks clean. I've always like that color. Once you drop it and throw on the wheels it should look hot. I wouldnt recommend coilover in the city. I rather drive on H&R sports/Billy Sports. It improves on the handling, but not as harsh.
                        sigpic

Comment

I like the color. :)

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by Motorsports View Post
                            Car looks clean. I've always like that color. Once you drop it and throw on the wheels it should look hot. I wouldnt recommend coilover in the city. I rather drive on H&R sports/Billy Sports. It improves on the handling, but not as harsh.
                            cool, i was thinking of that as well...i want to improve the handling, and make it look alot better, but will prolly never slam it unless this becomes purely a sunday driver.

a friend of mine has had these wheels in his garage for the last 10 years, so, they havent really cost me anything except time. and i have a friend with a podercoating shop...so that just costs a six pack. :)

Comment

Working...
                            X