god damnit.....some help here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god damnit.....some help here??

Fuck baltimore's random "scattered" t-storms... aka FUCKING DOWNPOURS.

I was out driving and a crazy down-pour came, with my new intake i was giving it throttle and it suddenly didn't want to rev beyond 1500 rpm and studdered.

I'm pretty sure i didn't hydro-lock it, but the only reason i can think of is i introduced some moisture to the intake/ cylinders, maybe the MAF.... what you think?

I'm pissed i had to leave my car in ghetto ass area for the night, trying to get it back home asap.... calling all r3vers....

Tps??
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by downernsp View Post
      Tps??
      doubt it, i was hardly in throttle.

thats what pisses me off. i've driven my car through rivers (not literally) with my stock intake, but with my new one i experienced problems.
      It really doesn't make sense, i've never had any problems that a 220k plus eta should experience, and the ones i had all made sense and i fixed, but this shit just happened since i put the intake on. any ideas? i'm thinking moisture either in the intake/ cylinders/ maf....?
      Last edited by ubernasty; 06-30-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

thunderstorms bring a lot of wind and might have crap flying all over, have you checked to make sure you didn't suck something in that was floating around? Piece of garbage perhaps?
        Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
        Originally posted by J3M93
        This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz3 View Post
          thunderstorms bring a lot of wind and might have crap flying all over, have you checked to make sure you didn't suck something in that was floating around? Piece of garbage perhaps?
          no i haven't, it was raining buckets when it happened. i plan on going back 2mrw morning to diagnose the damage. but i highly doubt thats what's happened.

i was thinking pull the plugs and check for water though.

Comment

this definitely sucks since i just got my shit back together, but hey....

in a gear head kinda way, i hope something did get fucked up so i can tear it apart again and finally get my i head swap in progress ;)

gotta make lemons into lemonade....

...(should tow it back home rather than try to drive it and fuck up a rod though right?) i'm trying to keep my bottom end good since i got the i head

god i feel like such a nuuuuuub.

Comment

Spark issues maybe? Just trying to throw out suggestions!
              1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
              Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

had that problem before its water going into to intake and water cant burn so it would bog but would only happen to me when it really rain super hard

Comment

it did rain freakin hard last night. I was on my way home around 9pm and it was dumping so hard there was an inch layer of water on the highway.

The electricity also stuttered for a bit making my alarm clock all screwy and thus me being late for work.

Comment

My eta had the same issue a couple years ago and it turned out to be the TPS.

Comment

why you driving with no hood?
                      Originally posted by e30e
                      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Water could have gotten in your cap / around your plugs. Try it again once it dries out.
                        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Just picked my car from the mechanic on Monday with the same problem. Just a fried TPS. Couldn't hurt to get it checked out

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                            Water could have gotten in your cap / around your plugs. Try it again once it dries out.
                            Happened to me before!!!

Comment

I went to pick it up today, it was bogging last night and wouldn't rev past 1500 so i left it there. I started it up and it wouldn't rev past 3000 today, but it felt a whole lot better. I let it idle for 5 mins and then it was fine and i've been driving it all day.

I'm thinking the filter just got wet and the moisture was killing it, luckily didn't suck up any water. no worries :mrgreen:

btw, no i don't drive around with no hood.

Comment

Working...
                              X