almost ready for my camping trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

almost ready for my camping trip.

so we finally got my freaking head unit installed yesterday... best advice ever, BUY the harness.. we ended up having to get rid of the factory amp and running new wire from the head unit to the trunk. replaced a tweeter, cig socket, re-mounted my fairing, and installed my new basket.

shit ass pictures, but my circular polarizer fell apart in my hand right before i snapped any pics... uugh. i got it back together though, finally.

pioneer headunit, with griffin autopilot. FINALLY, i can play music off my iphone. i change songs, FF and RWD, pause and play with the thing plugged into the lighter socket. and it effing stays plugged in!! on top of that, it charges my damn phone. im super happy.

anyhow, i gave up searching for a unit that lights up amber, and got this one. it was like 101.89 shipped from crutchfield. it lights up green and white. the green you can barely see, which is GOOD. atleast its not bright ass blue like most units out there. im really happy with it thus far.

got the rack and fairing off a forum member. and the basket came from discountramps.com. its teh black widow. got it on their ebay store for $130 shipped. its really nice quality. im impressed with it. i also got an elastic net to go along with it for like $10.

the rack is rated to hold like 200lbs. i believe its 36" x 42".

the car looks like utter shit, but i dont care. it runs like a champ, and the front plate is fitting. still have the passenger door panel ripped apart because i burned out the window motor. i have a new regulator and motor on the way.

WHY did i put a basket on my car?? im sure some of you are about to criticize me, but hold on. i am going on a camping trip next week, and my car is tiny. im taking a passenger with me, so i'll have double the shit to take along. with a tent, chairs, cooler, etc.

i do still have some parts lying around in my room waiting for me to install. like a full set of OEM mudflaps, new chrome windshield/rear window mouldings, US ellips', front valence, new hella fogs, etc. i want to wait to install everything when i get the suspension. im a broke sucker now, thanks to college. but i want to dump it for cheap. i'll prob be going with cosmos and billy sports. i dont care much for pretty, i just want the thing dumped. because dumped cars = the shit. :D

thats all. im just super happy i got some little stupid shit sorted out.

-Dane
    diving board division, bishez.

and for the sake of it, a buddy shopped my car about a month or so ago. its killing me, i need to go low!

i want turbos, too. i think they'd fit the car perfectly. we'll see what money allows. i really want some WIDE type A's. but ronals are cheap (relatively).

and yes, im on oversized snow tires still. rofl!

-Dane

Comment

Lol. Good work.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

lol, i love how shitty it looks all the time. :D
        i've washed it twice since i got it a year ago. lol.

-Dane

Comment

Looking good, I think a drop and some turbos would look great.

Comment

Lovin that cargo basket thing. Too bad its on back order till late July. I'm actually going camping on the 17th for the weekend with my woman.
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I kind of want that basket... although I have no need for it it just seems like it would come in handy.

What's up with the 240?
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

the 240 just chills on the driveway. it needs new tires and stuff, so it just sits. i kind of sort of have it for sale.. its not really my thing anymore. its on nasioc so hopefully i can trade it for a subaru or something. if not, its just gonna waste away on the driveway. i have no interest in the car whatsoever these days. lol.

-Dane

Comment

Nice pics.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky7 View Post
                    the 240 just chills on the driveway. it needs new tires and stuff, so it just sits. i kind of sort of have it for sale.. its not really my thing anymore. its on nasioc so hopefully i can trade it for a subaru or something. if not, its just gonna waste away on the driveway. i have no interest in the car whatsoever these days. lol.
                    That's too bad. It looks like a really clean 240. I'm surprised it isn't selling.

It looks like an early 90s impreza wagon would be up your alley. Sell the e30 and 240. Swap the impreza, slam it, and just cruise. That would be a badass ride.
                    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

i cant get rid of the E30. my first car was an '86 eta, and i smashed it up when i was 16. i'll be 25 next month, and i like driving my IS more than any car i've ever owned... even more than my B16 swapped civic coupe. i just have a thing for the older bmw's. i had an '88 750il for a while too. i almost got a '95 boston green M3 instead of the S14... but yeah, i need to get rid of that bish, im doing it no justice. the thing moves out, it did 453whp on a dynapack and has less than 53k on the odometer.. its no joke, but im just not into it. i dunno what i want to do to be frank. im all over the place lately. lol, i just want to have some fun with the shitbox for now.

-Dane

Comment

Originally posted by lucky7 View Post
                        i cant get rid of the E30. my first car was an '86 eta, and i smashed it up when i was 16. i'll be 25 next month, and i like driving my IS more than any car i've ever owned... even more than my B16 swapped civic coupe. i just have a thing for the older bmw's. i had an '88 750il for a while too. i almost got a '95 boston green M3 instead of the S14... but yeah, i need to get rid of that bish, im doing it no justice. the thing moves out, it did 453whp on a dynapack and has less than 53k on the odometer.. its no joke, but im just not into it. i dunno what i want to do to be frank. im all over the place lately. lol, i just want to have some fun with the shitbox for now.
                        Yup sounds good. That s14 looks fucking rad though. Good luck with selling.

I like having a not clean DB bumpered car just b/c it makes it easier to do whatever you want with and not feel so bad.
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

how much was the piece from the head unit to the cig lighter to the phone?

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997
                          anything you need I can find just shoot a PM

Comment

$51 and some change at best buy. the griffin autopilot im assuming you're talking about? i couldnt be happier with it so far. it charges my shit, and i just put the shit on shuffle. the next button is perfect. the placement is perfect while you driving.

-Dane

Comment

post some currents of the nissan, looks hot as is over there in the distance
                              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Working...
                              X