This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
    Are you running GC...i cut my tubes 2" then cut 1" out of the tube spacer...right now as it sits the the fronts are threaded 1/2 way down and i only have 1/4 of the threads left in the rear.
    Ya I'm running GC's with the front all the way down and it's not low, plus it leaves me with no suspension travel. I'm trying to decide how much to chop out i was thinking about chopping out 2". Still need to remove the spring pads in the rear to get rid of some of the rake. Shitty pic for reference

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
      Fuck.

Sorry Dave, I think we've found the next guy that's gonna spin out and wreck your car.

Hide the e36.

To the OP, just toss some Daytons on it and be done with it. That shit's gonna get repoed in a month or you're gonna pawn it for crystal regardless.

-Charlie
      I think I'm safe. He's way down in the western part of Cain-tuck-ee. I steer clear of those parts. Shallow gene pool down there, but that is what happens when you call your father "Dad" and your brother calls him "uncle".

Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

I hope you get stuck on a speed bump!:hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by Paukert11 View Post
          I hope you get stuck on a speed bump!:hitler:

not yet but i did get stuck on the lift....

Yes this is my DD and when the 15's go on i'm gonna have to take it up a little...all you guys are so fuckin worried about oil pans...oil pan that oil pan this, if your worried bout ur damn oil dont lower your car...so whats taht tell ya I'M NOT. I've driven slammed cars almost since i've had my license, im not worried bout it. All the people cryin bout oil pans if u wanna be lower and ur skeered buy a damn skidplate!!

To everyone else +10 and thanks for the compliments...stay tuned as i'll toss some pics up when u get the wheels on this weekend.
          Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

Fuck the haters man! lets see some sweet E30 belly-dragging action!!

Comment

no worries man i have a feelin imma have a buddy takin some nice pics this weekend so i might have somthin really nice for you to see.

PM for information

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                Its you car so do as you please, that said is this your d.d.? You must have to tip toe everywhere you drive. Can you fit an is lips or reiger on it? Looks good but if you cant fit a lip on it whats the point? The car looks naked without one.
                im gonna have to use the stock lip i'm thinkin, i have an I lip sittin here but i need the clips that hold it on as some of mine are missing.

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                Youre going to put a 195 tire on a 9" rim? If you dont mind throwing money at oil pans do me a favor, and throw some my way, im on stock spring still and could put the funds towards some gc's for myself.
                yes it's a 195 buuuuut thats not how you depict the sidewall of the tire...they 195 is the width...it's a 45 series tire which gives you the height of the sidewall...little bit of stretch but it will work just fine.

PM for information

Comment

It's low, that's about all I can say about it. I'll reserve my judgement until the RSes. My GC's are on the way, I think I'm probably going to cut 1" from the housings though. What rates did you get and are you running the new design GC camber plates?
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

the sidewall is intended to be nearly vertical (parallel to wheel face) so 195 has everything to do with the width of the wheel and sidewall has absolutely shit to do with it.

your car looks like ass on the Bcaps, ill reserve final judgement till i see it with weaves.

at least you dont do amazing post work to the photos so your car looks flawless like spastic, his 6 looks like ass in person.

i dont know how hard vw pans are to replace but e30 pans seem to be a bitch to change to me, i wouldnt want to do it, especially not more than once.

why install springs on that thing at all, they are gonna have to be so stiff they wont allow any movement any way, shoulda saved some money and welded in some round stock.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

i am running the new style cambers plates....i'll post pics tommorow....just cut out 2" cause if you dont ur stuck unless you wanna do it all over again...i still ahve 1/2 the threads up front left to go down

PM for information

Comment

Man, I thought they were going to rake you over the coals, Guess not. Paging TDE30 and the Fiddle.
                        Have you ever changed an e30 oilpan btw? Do you have access to a lift? If you do than fine, but this whole "if your scared to scrape then buy a skidplate" is BS. You cannot be thinking straight. Do you drive a mile a day on a pane of glass? Do you live with you parents and have no expenses? Do you realize that your steering rack and your control arms are in jeopardy as well as your exhaust?
                        1 raised man hole cover and you go from a turd who owned a crappy slammed e30 4-door, to a turd who is about to ruin another crappy slammed e30 4door. Just buy an MK3 and slam that. It will save e30s, and more importantly get rid of a crappy bodystyle quicker.
                        I would think that stancejerks are even embarrassed by the shameless copying of a dubbers idea. I thought the whole stancejerks modus operandi was to be original and on the cutting edge of bmw modification. Not to cut BMWs to peices.
                        Advice from your uncle Del.
                        Last edited by delatlanta1281; 07-22-2009, 07:46 PM.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                          at least you dont do amazing post work to the photos so your car looks flawless like spastic, his 6 looks like ass in person.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                            Man, I thought they were going to rake you over the coals, Guess not. Paging TDE30 and the Fiddle.
                            Have you ever changed an e30 oilpan btw? Do you have access to a lift? If you do than fine, but this whole "if your scared to scrape then buy a skidplate" is BS. You cannot be thinking straight. Do you drive a mile a day on a pane of glass? Do you live with you parents and have no expenses? Do you realize that your steering rack and your control arms are in jeopardy as well as your exhaust?
                            1 raised man hole cover and you go from a turd who owned a crappy slammed e30 4-door, to a turd who is about to ruin another crappy slammed e30 4door. Just buy an MK3 and slam that. It will save e30s, and more importantly get rid of a crappy bodystyle quicker.
                            I would think that stancejerks are even embarrassed by the shameless copying of a dubbers idea. I thought the whole stancejerks modus operandi was to be original and on the cutting edge of bmw modification. Not to cut BMWs to peices.
                            Advice from your uncle Del.

You are missing the whole "physically damaging your car because it is so low' equals respect.

That is one thing I cannot wrap my head around. I like my low e36 vert but where I originally wanted the ride height it scraped, rubbed and was hitting the fenders while turning at a low speed. I raised it up. I am not going to knowingly damage and be excited for that damage on something I spent my hard earned money on that. That is just dumb. Not to mention it rode like ass.

I don't see those downpipes or oil pan lasting very long. Good luck. Wheels will make it look better at that ride height. Just looks silly now :)

Comment

So, Rob, about them RSs... can't wait to see them.

Comment

Sigh... I remember when I lowered my old car on its GCs just for shits and giggles. I slammed it to where I had a finger gap front and rear (in before "that's not slammed").

I drove around with it for 5 minutes.
                                It looked really cool.
                                Every girl I saw turned their heads (maybe a coincidence, only a few girls in 5 minutes)

I scraped.
                                I rubbed.
                                I bottomed out on the already shortened Konis.
                                Retarded bumpsteer.
                                My axles clicked when I got on it.
                                My subframe connectors almost got me stuck on a speed bump, and my 4-point underbody brace was about an inch and a half from the pavement.

I raised it up by an inch and called it a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X