what ive been up to (no e30 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what ive been up to (no e30 content)

So after having to sell the m3 to stay afloat after my lil dramatic episode (out of my control of course, see prior thread regarding vomiting) i came to the conclusion im tired of e30s. at the same time i want to stay in a bmw. so i have found it. here it is:

day i got it, out front of the sellers house.

1995 525i 5spd. Arctic Gray on black leatherette. its a base model i.e. 6 button obc, no leather anything etc. i got it with 165k on the stock m50...........for $1700. lol.
    it has/had a few issues. needed brakes, small dent in left quarter panel, small tear in drivers seat, suspension completely trashed. yes the rear windows are tinted while the fronts are not, dont have $400 to redo the tint right now. and other small bs issues that will take time for me to sort out. overall its the strongest running m50 ive ever drove.

on went new bilstein sports and a 14 piece meyle kit to rebuild the front suspension. 540i brake calipers, new hawk hps pads and new brembo solid face rotors. and yes the rumors are true "we" experimented with cutting the springs (i dont want to hear it, hr's are in the works). oh yeah and it has all matching bottle caps on it now also, lol.

bkcustoms aka brentwood aka brent the welder got tired of seeing it on bottlecaps so on went a set of staggered 17/18 style 32s. anyone that was at the first Car B Q knows that it was looking good. although i still think it would have been better with 18s all around. thoughts?

this is how she sits now. im sitting on a rare set of mille's. i cant find another set that have the "concaved" look to them. hids have been added. new plugs, plug boots. alternator took a crap a couple weeks ago, replaced the crappy valeo with a bosch. radiator has been done but i want to do the themostat, housing, water pump and hoses. theres a couple of pulleys that are squeaking so im going to go through those also.

in this light the paint actually takes on some purple hues, i love it.

Them are my Mille's bitch. Recall my 255's you chewed up? ;)
    sigpic

Comment

i see an e34 in my future. just a matter of when.
      i like the 32s.

Comment

I like the Alpina style wheels better.

Comment

I too will be getting a E34, I decided to sell my E30 for 1500 so I can get one.

Comment

Could use clear turn signals, but looks great otherwise.
            Originally posted by LJ851
            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

cool little project.

don't spend $400 on new tint, just ditch it all. ;)
              8380 Laboratories
              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Nice Jeff! I drove an E34 540i last night. Comfy cars. I'm trying to find a touring.

Comment

I almost bought a 525i, but the only manual one I found for sale was faaaar away. I can't complain tho, I bought my beautiful eta instead:)

Looks really good, take care of the big lady!

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                  2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Looks good except you need some euro smileys. Conveniently enough I have a set for sale. :D

Comment

By far my favorite color on non-M e34's. I'm not crazy about the M11-2's though, I think the style 32's looked better. Some M-systems would really set it off!
                      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

i saw a white e34 non M yesterday with those Milles at the driving range. i remember stopping to look at them because they were so concave
                        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                        1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by white325is View Post
                          i like the alpina style wheels better.
                          +1

COTM

Comment

It looks great! Well done.
                            Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Needs more turbo.