my latest ride (non e30 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my latest ride (non e30 content)

So i seem to be regressing. After owning an e30 for a decade, i breifly went to an e36 cab, e21 and now this:

Car is a 76', weber 38/38, e21 five speed, sport seats, and wheel, euro turn signals, custom mounted Hellas, 14' panasports, early rear bumper conversion, Kamei front apron, Ansa sport, billie sports and cut eibachs, early tobacco door panels, cocomats, etc etc. Fun car, but always looking for options! Trying to get into an e30 vert next year, hopefully ill keep this one too.

P.S. always looking for more wheel options, the more old school the better.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jimsill; 10-08-2009, 05:45 AM.
    sigpic
    both these cars are gone :(

Looks perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by constructor View Post
      Looks perfect!
      Coming from the owner of one my f-ing dream cars (euro bumpered alpine over cardinal e30 vert), thanks. Ill talk trade any day of the week man :)
      sigpic

Comment

Amazing, congrats. I want a 02!
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I would love to have an 02 as my..em..4th car! I like it!

COTM

Comment

Damn, looks nice. That's pretty much the cosmetic direction I'm gonna go, at least bumperwise on mine.

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

That thing is sweet.

Comment

super clean, I want one.

7speedshop.com

Comment

very clean...Nice pickup
                  BMW Headlights ::

Comment

I like!
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I love it man!
                      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by jimsill View Post
                        Coming from the owner of one my f-ing dream cars (euro bumpered alpine over cardinal e30 vert), thanks. Ill talk trade any day of the week man :)
                        ;)

Comment

Nice car. I like what you did with the later style grill and sort of made look like the roundies.

IMO 14's are perfect for that car. I have 15" Panasports myself but seem a tad on the modern side with the lower profile tires. I also have the flush mounted euro turn signal lenses as well.

I see you got Keith's 5spd shift pattern decals to complete the swap on the dash and hopefully you got the 5spd paired up with the 3.91 lsd.

Personally I would paint the front airdam body colored to give it a more finished look but that's just me.

Is that the original Chamonix paint?

I'm also planning on switching back over to the e21 steering wheel again from my current Momo. It seems more period correct.

And even though I have tii, I crave the center mounted exhaust outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine003 View Post
                            Nice car. I like what you did with the later style grill and sort of made look like the roundies.

IMO 14's are perfect for that car. I have 15" Panasports myself but seem a tad on the modern side with the lower profile tires. I also have the flush mounted euro turn signal lenses as well.

I see you got Keith's 5spd shift pattern decals to complete the swap on the dash and hopefully you got the 5spd paired up with the 3.91 lsd.

Personally I would paint the front airdam body colored to give it a more finished look but that's just me.

Is that the original Chamonix paint?

I'm also planning on switching back over to the e21 steering wheel again from my current Momo. It seems more period correct.

And even though I have tii, I crave the center mounted exhaust outlet.
                            Thanks! I fashioned that front grill out of pepboys truck door molding, so far, so good. Always liked that early look better. Actually thinking about shaving the trunk roundel in favor of the small rear panal mounted roundel on the early cars.
                            As far as the 5 speed decal, it was on the car when i got it in march. Thought about painting the airdam, but the guys who built the car (Sports Car Restoration in Plainville, CT, they are the bomb) thought it would make the car look nose heavy, so we came up with painting just the bumper portion, i like it. I also shaved the reflectors off the front and rear quarters, so rather than try to match the re-spray on the car, we painted it Chamonix from the beltline down, the rest of the car will get chamonix this winter
                            I am currently restoring a Nardi Personal wood wheel and walnut shift knob, so my wheel will be up for grabs. And yes, the only thing a non-tii has over a turbo or tii is that center exhaust, and i pronounced the shit out of it :)
                            sigpic

Comment

Cocos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Yours truly,
                              Rich
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Rigmaster
                              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                              X