facelift bumper tuck!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

facelift bumper tuck!!!

so, my chrome (ex)bumpered now facelift plastic bumpered car has recieved a front bumper tuck.

So, I was driving home from a bar not too far from my house last night and someone one decided they wanted to turn. I don't really understand what happened, I only had like 5 beers-- ussually I can still drive fine after 10 or so-- I didn't even feel that buzzed. luckily by the time the german polizei arrived I was really sobered up. I refused to blow into that stüpid thing so they took me to the station and took blood. I still havent heard anything yet-- I think I'll be alright though-- like I said- I didn#t even feel that buzzed.

so onto the pics.

shitty. at least the wheels look ok?
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

damn bro sorry about your luck. Hope everything goes well with the blood work. Whats the legal limit over there?

Good luck!!

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

MAN! This does suck! Glad you ok.

COTM

Comment

glad you're OK. Poor e30 :(

love the wheels :)
          I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Dibs on plate frame!
            - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
            Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Damn, that sucks!
              I hope you're not in too much trouble..

Originally posted by Janderson
              you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

weeeeek.. always refuse! More Time!!! its saved my ass before
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not sympathetic when someone's had "like 5 beers" and the next thing you know the front end of his car is crunched. Doesn't even know exactly what happened, but at the same time says he wasn't even buzzed.

Sorry another nice E30 is probably totaled, but Unacceptable.

Comment

That sucks man. Looks like it was a nice car.

Maybe that was 5 too many if your aren't even certain how the accident occurred?? I mean did they just plow into you while you were stopped or did you err while navigating an intersection?

What a shame. Hopefully it's fixable and you don't get in too much trouble.
                    '87 325e
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                      Sorry, but I'm not sympathetic when someone's had "like 5 beers" and the next thing you know the front end of his car is crunched. Doesn't even know exactly what happened, but at the same time says he wasn't even buzzed.

Sorry another nice E30 is probably totaled, but Unacceptable.
                      +1 Lesson learned hopefully? My limit is 3 and i dont even like doing that. Dont drive drunk. Who the fuck says 'oh yeah i can drink 10 beers and drive fine'?

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

actually, the story was a joke-- in R3V style. I didnt't drink anything and was on my way home from work at 12:30-- got off early to chill out the afternoon.

was daydreaming, I guess, and slammed into the rear end of a new 530d---- now I know what I will be fixing Mon. morning.-- I work at the dealer that his they brought his car to.
                        heres an up close pic of what the core support looked like:

so, the accident happened at about 12:45--- called the wife and went to my friends bodyshop and borrowed the flatbed. took the car home and by 3:30 that evening it looked like this:

then procceded to go to my garage I rent and pick up the panels that I need for the car. Last month I bought 2 new front fenders for the car-- there was rust on the bottoms of the old ones and I really don't like the extreme rolled fender look. The car then looked like this after I hammered the crap out of the core support to kinda bring it back into shape:

Comment

quick work!

Originally posted by vlad
                          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

^ yup.

Sucks about the accident but good to see it's coming back together quickly. Tell Stephan I say what's up when you stop by the body shop!

Been dying to go back, but it doesnt seem like that'll happen anytime soon :(

- Erick
                            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

After that it was time to get blasted-- my neck was kinda hurting--- so went to the Italian restarant next door to my house and got trashed.

woke up at 10:30 and started rebuilding my smoked headlights--
                              then went to a guy I work withs house-- he IS the E30 parts guy.-- cut off the front core support of a touring he was parting, and got a hood that I strapped to the roof of the wifes E46--then went home to start cutting and welding.

didn't get any inbetween pics cause i was really in a roll. the core support went on like a glove-- continued until about a hour ago and this is what it looks like now.-- Completely drivable.

I am amazed at how perfectly all of the panels line up!!! and it will be getting reprayed next week after work-- prob. about Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                              X