Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30 Touring

Hi!

I'm Guus, I'm a Dutchman, and I drive a BMW 318i touring automatic design edition.

the engine is not very special, because it only delivers about 113 Bhp. but it get's me from A to B all dry. and I love the touring.

so far no plans for a swap, maybe a M42 next year with a stickshift. but i'm not shure.

well, i've said enough crap, pics:

With 17" Alpina's:

at a Meeting in holland with the showroom licence plates

some random pics when I just got the car cleaned up

Wow, very clean!
    And I love the color.

Originally posted by Janderson
    you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

very nice, what year?
      interesting, one of the first posts Ive ever read where someone talks about the big swap being TO a M42

Comment

Originally posted by 3bvert View Post
        very nice, what year?
        interesting, one of the first posts Ive ever read where someone talks about the big swap being TO a M42
        it's one of the very last e30's. it was build in january 1994.
        this cars is equipped with a M40 engine, that's the replacement for the M10 engine. only thing is, this engine wasn't as good as BMW thought is was.

BMW said the timing belt had to be replaced every 80000 KM (about 50000 Miles) but all these engines broke down at 35000 or 40000 KM with a broken timing belt. thats why it was soon folowed up bij the M43.

and another reason why I want a M42 is because there is a stupid rule in holland witch says that your real amouth of cilinders has to be the same as the amouth on your vihicle papers. or else you cant drive it legally.

oh, and the colour is Lagunen Grün Metallic

Comment

Super clean! Interior pictures to come?
          - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
          Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Thats a beautiful & very rare e30 you have!

Comment

wow, beautiful car! Can't say I've ever seen the rear storage cage before.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

heel knappe auto :-)
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

interior pics:

these pictures are made a while ago, the headunit has been replaced bij a pioneer with a cd changer beneath the passangers seat, and a E46 soundmodul amplifier beneath the drivers seat. I also gathered the original soundsystem speakers, including the extreme hard to find rear speakers for a touring

also i've installed a custom made E90 interour mirror with reading lights and self darkening glass (or how you call it).

I don't know if you guys ever seen this type of interiour before, but this is a design edition, and the colour of the car always matched the coulour of the striping on the seats.
                  you also had it in daytona violett with purple stripes, dark blue with blue stripes, red with red stripes, and like mine, in green style.

it verry hard to find the green an red ones, bleu and purple were most ones sold

Comment

I am in love with that Interior.

Are you allowed to have turbochargers in Holland? If so, build a turbo for an M42 and you can realistically reach about 300 hp, given the appropriate amount of money/work involved.

Comment

that interior is very rare in USA

cute clean touring

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                        I am in love with that Interior.

Are you allowed to have turbochargers in Holland? If so, build a turbo for an M42 and you can realistically reach about 300 hp, given the appropriate amount of money/work involved.
                        yes, we are allowed, and I was planning on doing that. that's going to be a interesting project.

I'm also planning on tweaking a M50B20 with VANOS cause I have that engine lying around. just to try some stuff out, and how far to go with performance tuning. I just love experimenting with power
                        I work at a former BMW Dealership in Holland (now a specialized BMW workshop), and get to drive some special cars once in a while:p

Comment

Any suspension plans? It looks great now, but an inch or two lower would look really great.

Comment

not yet, maybe on the front. because the back is allready to low sometimes. I use my touring for what it's build for: moving a lot of stuff.

Comment

Alway's loved a touring, Look's like a good clean one too fella.
                              325i touring, 327i 2 tone tech 2, 335i tech 1 touring with nossigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X