Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sadly..good bye to the black hellooooo red..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sadly..good bye to the black hellooooo red..

Sooooo... i didn't tell any of you guys but a few that I crashed my car on november 10th. it was a sad loss since I had put so much time and effort into the black beauty..i loved that car but I am sure this whole experience was a learning experience.
    I drifted 55 mph into a curb completely sideways at 2 in the morning. the control arm and trailing arm and tie rod and pretty much everything all the way to the frame of the car was pretty jacked up. the body flexed enough that the rear window on the passenger side popped out and broke the latch as well as the trim piece popped off and the door dosnt fit neither does the trunk or the hood or the driver side door. everything was jacked. the two wheels were destroyed and much more. but luckly the guy who was in the car with me was the son of the police Chaplin and I got off with just a stop sign ticket, since i blew through it, and I got extremly lucky.

a week or so later we found a new car and we got to working over christmas break. dropped the motor, with the help of christoph (alkasquawlik) and his friend, out of the red car as well as the trans, taking the whole front suspension out with it. and did the same to the black car and then moved the motor with plenty of work done to it over the last year (which is why we used it cuz it has no leaks or anything) and did a manual swap on the red 325e which had an auto trans before. this is the build thread so far. the car should be running after I get home tonight. hope for the best. here is the pics..

front wheel

front control arm

trailing arm

spindle thrashed

rear shock pushing out the body

alksqwalik helping

taking the motor out

peddle assembly in the red car for the manual

where the black car sits now while we part it out

[UPDATE]

interior almost done except for the door cards

starting up for the first time. well second time but it was soon after the first. \

driving for the first time. soo stoked!

**UPDATE 1/16/10 UPDATE**

seats in..door cards not (well in the pics) I put the passenger one in after it got dark and didnt take any more pics. cleaned the carpets, kinda, before putting the seats in cuz they were thrashed but I think the seats look much better in this car then they did on the tan carpet in the old girl.

like i said the next pics will have the houndstooth doorcards in.

------

outside. dont bag on the bumper or anything quite yet. my main priority was the mechanics of the car before the vanity.

it will all come together quite quick. dont fret.

main problem is a horrible bondo job and PERFECT...not....paint match

interior when it was in the old car

this is the material on the seats. like a mini-houndstooth since SFGadgetguy couldnt find any of the original size but it looks and feels amazing haha

img of the material on door panels.

rear (these are also in the red car i just need the door cards in and it will be done)

**UPDATE** Febuary 1st, 2010

Still stationary but not for much longer hopefully.

got the grilles in, but hopefully the bumper and valence will be painted in the next couple weeks.
    Last edited by etta325; 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM.

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997
    anything you need I can find just shoot a PM

Dude... that's a harsh impact. No injuries I hope??

Good to see you're sticking with the e30's. Too many people put time, money and love into their e30, wreck it, and move on to "other things". Glad you guys were okay! Looking forward to more.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

you did that while it was dry out?

you really pulled out all the stops, nice. :D
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

nah man we were both a little sore after the accident for a couple of days but no injuries.

yeah I will always be a BMW guy and ALWAYS have at least one e30 i know that for sure. luckly my dad has his shop where I can always go to work on the car in case something happens.

and yeah you will be seeing more soon. I through away a part from the automatic trans shifter that we needed to be able to make the car start and so we ordered a new one ($70...*face*palm*) and we should be able to get it running today. the hardest thing is finding the guy that gave us the pink slip so that he can sign the miles off on it..idiot dude forgot it. it was a weird trade but yeah soon enough i will be driving a beloved e30 once more

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997

Comment

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
          you did that while it was dry out?

you really pulled out all the stops, nice. :D

haha your telling me.

#1 question asked.. "were you drunk?" hahaha

Comment

damn that control arm is jacked! Glad to see your recycling.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
            HSAX Instructor

Comment

Sucks...

I've done nearly the same thing with an accord. Yes, a fwd honda. You learn a lot after making a mistake this big...

*Vouch for the accord... no rims were broken, one just curbed badly(stock enkei alloys). Also, front alignment got screwed up, but overall I was impressed at how the car took it. I drove it for a while after and sold it without ever fixing anything more than the tie rod on that side.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Deng dude yeah I was suprised that te car
                took the impact so well and neither of us got hurt. There was a tree 6" from the car when it was almost vertical in the air.. If it popped over we would be dead..

Oh and yeah the control arms were 2 weeks old if that..

Comment

Looks like a bad doriftu into crub..

Comment

Bummer man.

Comment

hah! i see Gordon, he looks very wise as usual

Comment

thats a pretty good impact, busted that wheel up

Comment

that's a real shame man... i've done something similar to my e30 just recently... it sucks aye.

Comment

That sucks, but it's awesome that you are getting another car on the road so fast. Good luck to you.
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                              thats a pretty good impact, busted that wheel up
                              Haha busted more then the wheel bro lol both are shot. The I side of the front one is busted also. The tie rod on the front is completly broken too.

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                              hah! i see Gordon, he looks very wise as usual
                              always givig me his insight and doing everything I can't and showin me how to haha. Always a huge help in everything I do.

Originally posted by revhead888 View Post
                              that's a real shame man... i've done something similar to my e30 just recently... it sucks aye.
                              it's balls town man!

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                              That sucks, but it's awesome that you are getting another car on the road so fast. Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X