My 86 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimmer206 View Post
    Nice car. I also own a 86 325 for my very first car and it needs work but like you I'm out everyday pouring my time into it. Keep up the good work. I'm thinking i will start documenting my restoration. Maybe we should start an 86 325 restoration thread. Mines not an 325e although from what I've read they only vary slightly in a few mechanical components.
    The 325 and the 325e are pretty much the same, the 325 is the base model while the 325e is a higher trim level. No difference really.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      good progress. That is a very clean car and a nice color

Actually, its a Scwharz = Black = total absence of "color"....:yawn:
      sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
        [/B]

Actually, its a Scwharz = Black = total absence of "color"....:yawn:
        you're right. haha
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

OP...

I have to tell you, and I am not being condescending. You seem like a very polite, sincere young man and I, for one, am very impressed with what you've accomplished in such a short time on your ride. More so, I think your a very positive influence on this forum and probably quite a gent.

You got things going the right way my young friend. Your parents are to be commended.
          sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
            OP...

I have to tell you, and I am not being condescending. You seem like a very polite, sincere young man and I, for one, am very impressed with what you've accomplished in such a short time on your ride. More so, I think your a very positive influence on this forum and probably quite a gent.

You got things going the right way my young friend. Your parents are to be commended.
            why thank you, They really are to be thanked because I understand where they come from when they say to work for everything I want. So that is exactly what I am doing. I now know how it feels to work for what you want and it isn't as easy as it looks. It's sad that other kids get spoiled and then try to bring others down because of what their parents can afford.

Comment

just got my euro ellips in the mail(thanks mooseheadm5). i'll have some pics later up today. i'm having my dad help since i'm not 100% sure of what i am doing. better safe than sorry.

Comment

Comment

So I finally got the Lights installed. I take very little credit for this since I made my dad do most of the work since I'm not quite comfortable with wiring. So I proceded to take apart the front end of the car.

Then I let my dad work his magic ;). First thing was to get the city lights to work. I had a tough time deciding between white, amber, and these white LED's my dad got. Since I'm getting an HID kit I think the white LED's would match perfectly but sadly when I put them in they burned out and need to get another set.

And here as a joke are the blue bulbs ;) mmm... rice

So afterwards we decided to install the lights. We ran into some problems on the way. The adjusting screws were all locked up and wouldn't budge but we got around it. Here is a picture of the sealed beams(passenger side) and Ellips(drivers side). Camera didn't catch the difference really but it really makes the car look much nicer.

Here is the final product with just the city lights.

And heres the low beams

I can't believe how bright the High beams are. I really need to get a set of HID's. I'm thinking 4500k 35w? or 55w?
                  On a side note look what I found in the garage.

100% cuban

Comment

Looking good, dude. Keep it up.
                    Originally posted by LJ851
                    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                      Looking good, dude. Keep it up.
                      thanks man. i really want euro bumpers but i may go with the plastic bumpers and get an m-tech 2 kit later

Comment

Subscribed lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                          Looks like a pretty clean car. Don't be so sure about the mileage though unless you've got receipts. Someone swapped in an M3 speedo/odo at some point in the cars life.
                          Originally posted by dreamer420 View Post
                          i see what you mean, the speedo goes to 160 instead of only 140.... interesting
                          Thought something was interesting about that. If the milage is correct they could have just swapped the gauge face over. easier than doing a complete ODO swap.

ellipsoid headlights yadda yadda
                          should have got smileys. get high output bulbs for the normals, high beams and fogs. HID are a waste of money. (i can speak, my car is euro spec including smileys, and i drive in the countryside in the middle of the night, and they light up the night sky. normal beams and fogs like that is good too

Comment

so i have thought about what to do next. i'm thinking late model front valence with rieger lip. now a quick question, can i fit the rear pb valence under the rear diving board bumper

Comment

sorry to say this but the updates will slow down for about a month or two because i quit my job to focus on school alittle more. there will be minor updates here and there but nothing big. the one thing iwanna do isget rid of the amber signals for clear/smoked ones

Comment

Well I snapped a few pics today of how the car sits. A dads friend said he is willing to repaint and fix all the dents on the car for extremely cheap. Before I actually go for it I want to get some body parts replaced. Like a 88+ valence new bumper shrouds, and a lip spoiler. Oh and I finally decided that I'm keeping the DBs and painting them until I find a really nice set of euro's for cheap.

I just noticed the front DB is crooked on the drivers side. If it's the bumper itself that is bent, can I bend it back?
                                Also repping the BFC ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X