Sticky e-brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky e-brake

Exercised the car for the first time in 6 weeks on Sunday. When I parked it I set the hand brake and left the tranny in neutral. A few days later thought that maybe I should leave the brake off and chock the wheels instead. The weather then got crappy for a good while so it was not until Sunday that I thought of the brake again. Sure enough, it took a bit of effort to free the brake from the shoe. I also think there is a bit too much slack in the cable, but that will have to wait until the Spring.

Anyway, nice 25 mile run to keep it fresh, and then back under the cover for another few weeks.

No new pics, just this one from the Fall.
    Attached Files
    Mark
    88 325ic
    03 325i

Sexy vert. I say lower the front a tiny bit, and it would be awesome. And the e brake might need to be adjusted at the shoes to fix any looseness if it does not help adjusting the cables at the lever.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Thanks. I need to replace the rear brakes anyway, so the e-brake will be adjusted come Spring.

No lowering, no bumper alterations, etc, etc, ad nauseum. I like it the way it is and it drives great.
      Mark
      88 325ic
      03 325i

Comment

wow, what a surprise-- more old pics of your car.!!!

Comment

very clean vert!
          Feedback
          Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

nice car but you need to lower it
            BMW E21 CARS BMW E30 CARS MK2 GOLF GTI

Comment

we've seen the same pics about 3 times... do we really need to know everytime you decide to take it for a spin? and add an old pic just so you can justify a thread?

Comment

Working...
              X