new pics of the new e28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new pics of the new e28

Got the new 5 cleaned up and took some pics on Sunday.

The usual park the old metal in front of old buildings setup...

im not much of a photographer, these were taken with just basic setting on a sony ultra zoom

and yes the m badge on the front is coming off.

any advice on raising up the front a bit is welcome too. it sits too low and the tire rub when turning and going uphill. i am thinking some camber plate and roll the front fenders, also go from 235 to 225...

anyway on to the pics!

and of course, cant leave out the e30...

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
    UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

Awesome .

Comment

Love euro'd out e28s. Both cars are looking great.

Comment

Speaking of both cars, you didn't sell the m3 did you?
          Could you put a spring pad in the front or something?
          Yours truly,
          Rich
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Rigmaster
          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
            Speaking of both cars, you didn't sell the m3 did you?
            Could you put a spring pad in the front or something?
            the m3 is for sale. i dont think i can justify 3 cars and i dont have the space. One of my friends is interested in it.

i am looking at spring pads and camber plates. I think the spring pads may be worn out. going to call gran toursimo and have them look at it.

Comment

I require an e28 in my life. Very nice

Comment

Don't raise the car up at all!!! Just get yourself some different tires with a little stretch on them. What you got now looks a bit balloonie. You probably want 215/40/17's to get the right stance without rub.

Comment

Wow....thats beautiful

You know, I would raise the front as well, just for a more comfortable ride.

Comment

Originally posted by googone20 View Post
                    Don't raise the car up at all!!! Just get yourself some different tires with a little stretch on them. What you got now looks a bit balloonie. You probably want 215/40/17's to get the right stance without rub.
                    i prefer to have an even setup, not front rake. I live in an area with allot of bumps and uphill\downhill turns. i think 215's will have too much stretch in the front too. This car will be driven almost daily so it needs to be setup right.

Comment

This is on 205/40/17 front and 215/40/17's. He is much lower than you and the stretch lets him run a slammed car with no rubbing. I am not saying take it to this extreme, but him car looks damn good without rubbing. 215's won't be stretched too far because he is running those rear 215's on 9" wide rims.

Comment

Originally posted by atle36m3 View Post
                        i prefer to have an even setup, not front rake. I live in an area with allot of bumps and uphill\downhill turns. i think 215's will have too much stretch in the front too. This car will be driven almost daily so it needs to be setup right.

There is a very extensive tire/wheel "fit" sticky on mye28.com. I have looked at that car a number of times & agree that the stance is not quite right, but close & I think your on the right track looking at spring pads - OEM's are two heights, 5 & 10 MM & they are the same part number as the E30's. You got a very nice car that's had a lot of $$ poured into it by the PO & those before him. Nice buy !!

Jack
                        [I

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
                          There is a very extensive tire/wheel "fit" sticky on mye28.com. I have looked at that car a number of times & agree that the stance is not quite right, but close & I think your on the right track with spring hats. You got a very nice car that's had a lot of $$ poured into it by the PO & those before him. Nice buy !!

Jack
                          thanks! i have that tire wheel fit spreadsheet, i need to look at it a little closer...

i really don't have allot of experience with lowering\wheel setups. my e30 is pretty standard (h&r billy sports) with wheels that were made for the car.

The red car is gorgeous, i don't think i would want anything that extreme, the type of driving i do is not conducive.

Comment

That looks fantastic. I REALLY want some euro bumpers now!!

535is

Comment

anyone know what lower front spoiler is on that red car? that would be perfect for mine, would cover up the us holes that are left...

Comment

Working...
                              X