Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butt-first priorities...

I posted my intro story last fall.

Thought it was time to update my e30 situation. The clean 86es that I fell into has been getting some love. It came with bottlecaps, but quickly inherited the Sportmaxes off a parts car. Painted up a new set of IS sideskirts, that helped things get started. Then I fitted some white front bumper surrounds from a convertible and tucked the front bumper. Quite fond of the updated "cowcatcher" front, and will leave it be for now.

Thanks to Todd (td325ic) I was able to get a modified rear bumper with euro bumper trim. Really happy with his work, and would recommend him without hesitation. I have a metal rear valance I cut off a 91, but fitted a Hartge reproduction apron from DTM first. Not sure if it will be permanent, take a look at the outcome.

So I have a lowered 86es, tucked front with a face-lifted butt? Or butt-lifted ass? Anyway, strong butt-first priority, as the rear DB look never really worked for me. I have a Alpine front bumper sitting waiting, not sure I'll use it. That early ES front spoiler without the extra IS ducts has to be one of the most definitive e30 front-end looks.

Next picture wil be with Ronal LS wheels, I posted about my good deal over in wheels & tires.

The convertible has seen paintwork, a refurbed hardtop and a IS spoiler. Pics later...
    Last edited by siggy; 02-12-2010, 09:18 PM.

looks pretty good. That rear end cleaned up very nicely.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Shadowline the window trim, paint the decklid spoiler black, and a little bit lower and the car is done. I love it!!!

Comment

you have basically just built the car I've been wanting for a long time!! I have the exact same idea (except with a tech2 rear apron) - needs to be lowered and shadowlined! great car!!!!
        stephenbrody.com

Comment

looks good. you could keep that front valence with a plastic front bumper

Comment

rockin' the Ronals...

Comment

Good job.
              sigpic

1986 325e

My other ride...The Titan of trucks!

Comment

The hell did you get those skirts? I like.
                1987 BMW 325is | Frankenmotor S50 | Supersprint Replica Headers | K&N Intake | Gutted Stock Midpipe | Zimmermann Rotors | Stainless Brake Lines | Porterfield Racing Pads

Comment

I believe you can still order these from BMW direct, they are IS accessory skirts... I have them on my 91 318is
                  Nunzio
                  Creative Director & Professor
                  Twitter

2010 Vespa GTS300 | 2000 323iT Euro | 1991 RRC Hunter | 1987 325is (guten build) | 1983 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas

Comment

Would they have a part number, or would they show up on real oem?
                    1987 BMW 325is | Frankenmotor S50 | Supersprint Replica Headers | K&N Intake | Gutted Stock Midpipe | Zimmermann Rotors | Stainless Brake Lines | Porterfield Racing Pads

Comment

Right here:

Comment

Badass. Is your valence also from that?

Comment

great looking car.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

looks good! pretty much a clone of my old car.

and you might be the first person ever to swap the rear bumper to plastic before doing the front.
                            My Feedback

Comment

Came from the factory with a blue leather interior. Front seats were shot so I switched the whole interior over to black leather out of a clean 91.

Local Bay Area car, bought new in Menlo Park. Blue plates!

I've got another parts car (90 325is) in the driveway now. It will either will donate for the 2.7i treatment, or just drop the whole thing in. A local BMW shop mechanic commented to me that all the "i" motored cars he hears ping badly on the current CA fuel, and that a lower compression 2.7i will not ping on even crap cheap/diluted fuel.

Comment

Working...
                              X