So it's back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's back

Due to a few different reasons, I've been AWOL for a couple months since this happened...

(friend was in the driver's seat, he was forced off the road, hit gravel, there ya go)

So, $4,882.80 and nearly 2 months later...it's back in one piece.

Redone spoiler, new oil cooler, lower rad. support, a little work to the RF fender, new inner fender liner, new LF control arm, hub, and strut housing, alignment...that's the big stuff.

Car was appraised by the insurance company at $6,189--and yes, I got copies of the third-party evaluator's appraisal.

She's put away for the winter now to let the fresh paint cure. I think this will end up having the least annual mileage I've ever accumulated on any car--barely 2000 miles since July.

Time to plan spring's mods/upgrades... :D

5K? Sounds like some nice repairs. Looks well done from what I can tell from the pics.
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

The second pic makes it look so cool, so majestic. Ya, now is plans for mods :up:. Have any ideas in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_silva
        5K? Sounds like some nice repairs. Looks well done from what I can tell from the pics.
        Damn well better be, for the $ involved. It went to one of the better shops in the area--they do the work for the BMW, M-B, and Ferrari dealers in Seattle. I was pretty pleased with the work they did, overall. Only new OEM parts were used. The car had a full respray about a 2 years ago and had only covered about 5000 miles since, so it's near-perfect now.

Mods?

Car already has a K&N drop-in, M3 LSD rear diff, BMP/H&R springs and Bilstein Sports, BMP front strut brace, M3 bushings, ATE power discs with Ferodo pads (dusty as hell),Hella/PIAA lighting, etc.

I want to do a Jim C chip, UUC short shifter, look at replacing the rear subframe/trailing arm bushings, upgrading the rear shock mounts, and finding a decent set of 15" wheels with better rubber. Not sure about cosmetics yet...

Comment

That was $5k of damage? Wow.

Pretty car.

Comment

Just simply nice as hell and i love the 2nd to last picture (i like the "Keep Off" sign its a nice touch) of your car and if you dont mind me asking where about in WA was that snapped at.

Just in case no one else can see it. heh

BTW are you planning on doing the shadowline

Comment

Originally posted by Super Eta
              Just simply nice as hell and i love the 2nd to last picture (i like the "Keep Off" sign its a nice touch) of your car and if you dont mind me asking where about in WA was that snapped at.

Just in case no one else can see it. heh

BTW are you planning on doing the shadowline
              I squinted at the first one for a while. Then I saw the link. :D

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

Don't try to find it in the 2nd pic is different the the one that Super Eta has sent. :P

Comment

glad to see your car is back on the road
                  R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by BrianF 88iS
                    Don't try to find it in the 2nd pic is different the the one that Super Eta has sent. :P
                    Wait!

They're different pictuers. I thought it was just a size difference

Comment

May I suggest a Zender rear skirt? It would definitely improve the exterior. They're also cheap and pretty easy to find.

Just my two cents of course. ;)
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Tecknik
                        May I suggest a Zender rear skirt? It would definitely improve the exterior. They're also cheap and pretty easy to find.

Zender.....Cheap.....Easy to find?
                        Isn't Zender the piece Jordan spent over a year looking for, in end he fabricated his own rear skirt.

Thats just what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenyon

Isn't Zender the piece Jordan spent over a year looking for, in end he fabricated his own rear skirt.

Okay second time I post this on the same day. The Zender piece for the chrome diving board bumpers are MUCH easier to get than the piece that Jordan is looking for his plastic bumper E30. No offense to you of course, it happens. Anyways yea it shouldn't be too hard to get for a diving board E30.
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

Okay second time I post this on the same day. The Zender piece for the chrome diving board bumpers are MUCH easier to get than the piece that Jordan is looking for his plastic bumper E30. No offense to you of course, it happens. Anyways yea it shouldn't be too hard to get for a diving board E30.

I see, I see. Anytime I think of front or rear body compnents I think about them for the '89-'91 e30's, not the '84-'88 e30's.

Comment

I see, I see. Anytime I think of front or rear body compnents I think about them for the '89-'91 e30's, not the '84-'88 e30's.
                              Yea I think the same way with my E30 anyways, so I know where you comin' from.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                              X