new guy 84 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new guy 84 318i

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and new to BMW's. I'm from Springfield Missouri. I own a white 84 318i with a 5 speed Getrag trans. I'm a die hard S12 Silvia guy at heart but, I have grown a little tired of s12's lack of aftermarket support so I need something different. I originally wanted to swap a sr20 in it, but being that I don't believe in cross breeding "Unless it's a ls1" I plan to keep the 1.8 m10 and just build a turbo set up for it. I'm not looking for mass amounts of power. Around 200+ h.p. at the crank.

It does have fender flares, side skirts and, rear and front valance. I think It might be a BBS kit. I think it may be also be a 'euro' edition. You'll have to bare with me I do not know much about e30's yet. The body is rough. it needs new fenders, hood, hood hinges and latches, front core support, and a dent in the rear quarter needs to be pulled.

I plan to fix every thing on the car. front to rear bumper. It does have some type of lsd differential swap not sure what type. It also has cloth 325i seats. Other than that it's kinda a pos as it sits right now. I will get some pics soon.
    Last edited by methylprop; 03-19-2010, 09:10 PM.

Turbo the M10.

You'll have way more than 200 crank.

Comment

I'm sure i will have a lot of nub questions but i have a spare set of dsm 450's will they work with the m10 fuel rail? I also plan to build a megasquirt setup for it.

Comment

I think they'll work, yes.

Comment

I have the chance to buy a 2.0 crank and pistons. I have a few questions about it. Again sorry for the newbie questions.

#1 I don't know what the c/r would be. need to find more info. would like to have 9.0:1 or less.

#2 Is it a direct bolt in affair? Any other parts need to be swapped from the 2.0.

I just read 12 pages of that yahoo guys thread. I don't want to post on it but, f-ck man that guy is just too much.

Is the bbs kit really all that rare? This E30 is not worth fixing in any way, I'm going to lose money on it. I just don't want to see a car this cool get crushed.
          Last edited by methylprop; 03-15-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

sweet plan. this may give you some inspiration. keep in mind i'm sure his set up is much much more involved (read: expensive) than what you're planning.

Flickr
            Originally posted by Indecline06
            For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Does your car look like this? Minus the cleanliness and wheels?

Used to be mine. :D
              Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

we need pics. welcome aboard
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
                  Does your car look like this? Minus the cleanliness and wheels?

Used to be mine. :D
                  Yes it look just like this, well used to at one point and time. So is this a old pic of the car. Did you sell it to a kid named cassidy? he really f-ed that car up. I will save her though. I will go snap some pics today.

Comment

Yeah, I sure did. I regret selling her. If indeed it is in such bad shape, the car would only really be worth what the bodykit is worth. It was a fun little car though. PM me if you have a desire to sell it. Who did you get it from? And for how much?

-Paladin
                    Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

that car looked gorgeous in that picture. what the hell did that other kid do?!

Comment

This is going to be sad to see. I'm sure you don't want to buy if after you see this but I would only sell it to you. I do plan to restore this car back to original shape. do you have anymore pics of the car when it was in your possession. My new goal is to make it look like it did when you owned it.

Here is the damage.

This is the metal support behind the seats. He locked his keys in the car and "Didn't want to bust the glass". so this is what he did instead.

passengers side fender

cross member

cross member welds

not welded at all on the other side

top cross member welds

this was his attempt at a mono wiper.

more fail

It is all there but its all rough. It's completely not worth restoring. I will lose a ton of cash on this car. For some reason I cant stand to see this car in this shape. I will have this car strait again someday.

Comment

I hope you have a lot of time and fab skills, and if you do then props to fixing it. It's really sad to see the before and after.
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

wow you have some work on your hands hopefully ull get it back to were methylprop had it gl man was a beautiful car sad to see it's state now.

Comment

Ouch... welcome to r3v...and by the time you fix all of it front to back you'll have over 10k into it easy.
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                              X