Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 BMW E24 M6 total restoration project started ! Many pics !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 BMW E24 M6 total restoration project started ! Many pics !

Although I usually start my projects in May, the time has come a little early for this one.
    I bought this car about a year ago, thinking that I could restore it over the winter. As it turned out (as always) there were other projects that kept us away from working on it. But, we are finally doing it!!!

It's an 88 M6, 2 owner car (last owner had it for 15 years), clean car fax with only 63,000 MILES !!!

Unfortunately, the car was stored outside and needed full paint job as well as the interior restoration.

Prior to the sale, the previous owner performed full tune up to the tune of $2,837 (including all new catalytic converters, new gaskets, wires, caps, rotors, bushings regulators, etc..etc..)
    I replaced the clutch, fixed the self leveling rear suspension, replaced rear pitman arms, etc...

This will be one of the cleanest, most original M6 on the East Coast once we will be done with it. So if anybody is in the market for such a car (serious inquiries only, please) - let me know.

The day I picked it up -

after being in the shop for almost a year, the work has finally began!

The E24 is nothing like the E30, although, not as complex as modern cars, this 22 year old is temperamental and not easy

as of today

hope to finish the bodywork / welding on Mon, then start on the pre-paint process. Will update next week!

Cool don't see much love being extended to old sharks these days. Take it to VoV when it's complete?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Oh hells yes.

Comment

sub-fucking-scibed
        Originally posted by teamdynasty43
        Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

Subscribed! There is a pretty good looking E24 M6 by my house!
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Love it!! Are you just restoring it back to original or are you going to throw some euro bit on it?? Shots of that pretty engine?
            E30 325i 24v, E36 M3/4/5, MK2 GLI 16v, NA8 Miata
            Prestige Auto Repair
            Mercedes-Benz|BMW|MINI
            prestigegermanrepair.com

Comment

You have my attention... I might have an OG Euro one in my hands so I will be watching this all happen.

Comment

subscribed. this will be bang-up, bully, corking, cracking, dandy, great, groovy, keen, neat, nifty, peachy, slap-up, swell, smashing, and other wise all around grate!
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Great job Vlad.

I miss my Polaris-on black-leather-Recaro 1979 Euro 6 with 4.0 Metric Mechanic torque monster...
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Man, its about time you started this thread! This will be sure to be nice. Odd question though, what kinda floor are your guys working on?

COTM

Comment

Please tell me this car is getting Euro bumpers at least.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Kick ass! They are such great cars.

Comment

Interesting, I have a client with a 635CSI and I am pushing him to allowing me to restore it with him. I'll send him this link when you get some more progress made.

good work! :up:

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Subscribed. Definetly want to see this one done.

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                            :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

God I love those.

535is

Comment

Working...
                              X