Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legends Never Die

You can't keep me down.

There's something to be said about this community... When I made the previous post about Rusty, I never expected to hear the responses I did... and I certainly didn't expect it to go viral... but it goes to show that a car can be more than a car.

I started by saying I didn't want to be "that guy", but here I am... and I couldn't be more pleased.

"Redefining" Rusty once again hit me like a ton of bricks... ideas starting flying through my head, and I knew I wanted to pull off more than just "a new paint job".

Six weeks ago I pulled Rusty's M30 and gave it to my buddy Webb, knowing Rusty's heart would go to another car that would push the limits of what we expect....

I dont know where the idea came from (coughjerrycough) but once upon a time, Rusty and I hung out in California, and the thought of tossing a Toyota 1JZ-GTE (that's a twin-turbo straight six for those who don't know_ motor in it was bounced around but quickly dismissed... Oh how funny the past can be.

Jerry, aka Handsome.Garage here on the forums is the one who really made this happen. I called him up and said "hey, remember when we said "lets put a 1JZ in Rusty?"... I'm sure that sums up the next few weeks. (I'll make a build thread, I documented it all, worry not!)

Jerry flew out here to TN and not only built a wiring harness that mated E28 to 1JZ, but this thing started up the first try, immediately.

So I know what you're asking... what about the damage? To keep things simple, let's just say there's some serious bracing between the frame rails now. Some floor pan welding has gone down too.

In short, without Jerry, this wouldn't have happened. He helped make this go from concept to driving out of state in 6 weeks....

But if a twin-turbo supra motor isn't enough to bring rusty back to life, Andrew at Open Road Tuning as well as Eddie at BagYard brought their A-Game to the table. I wanted to get lower and after talking to Andrew, he was beyond excited to get involved with StanceWorks and my rebuild of Rusty.

They put together a custom setup for the e28... and all I can say is "wow". We've gotta make a few tweaks to get the frame on the ground, but from nothing to a working one-off set of e28 bags is insane if you ask me.

I'm stoked to get to work on getting the body sub-terrainian. ;)

I wanted new wheels, and Brian at Rotiform had these insane ACS Type 1s... Brian, thanks for the deal and making them happen so quickly.

I guess a build thread is what comes next... but I figured it was time to unveil... time to let the world know that Rusty is back, and this time, we're not joking around. ;)

Thanks to everone for the support you gave me throughout this car's life, and Im stoked to have it back on the road once again...

1ST!

Holy shit The more this car dodges death, the more I like it.. infact love it.
    Looks like shit jacked up on the bags though IMO, keep it on the ground
    Must be fun to drive:-P

R.H.D
    M-technic I club

Comment

Just when we all thought it was over... The epic continues. Long live Rusty!

Comment

second.

holy fuck thats awesome

Edit: Dammit lol third
        ------------------------------------------------

Firefighter/EMT, Paramedic class of 2010. Yeah, i save Lives.

Comment

Looking good. Most definitely different as always. The wheels turned out really good on the car.

Comment

SIXTH!

Holy crap that is insane.
            I'm happy for you!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Wow, that car is like fucking Rasputin, now it has snakes and shit coming out of its eyes
                Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                Originally posted by J3M93
                This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

OMG this is awsome! it really makes me want an e28!
                  Ich bin erstaunlich!

Comment

awesome.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Holy Lord, I've loved this car since the first time it was r3v'd!! Absolutely awesome!
                      stephenbrody.com

Comment

enough collaborations and shout outs to make yo head spin son!

all those names!
                        8380 Laboratories
                        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

So sick dude
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

I saw Rusty at 4ngiefest in Atlanta today. Everyone really needs to see this car in person to realize what a beautiful piece of artwork it is. Long live Rusty!

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

For a few seconds I was like WTF?! You made it sound like rusty was screwd forever, but it was actually repairable?:loco: Sort of a weird turn around...

BUT

Very cool!:-D I like it alot, the hoses coming out from everywhere is pretty damn cool haha. I did like the old wheels better though. but change is good. Congratulations on the revival
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X