My abandonded 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My abandonded 318is

I've had this car for a year now. I drove by it everyday to work for about 6 months and it never moved. Left a note and talked to the owner. It had been broken into and ignition was smashed up. He signed it over to me for FREE. I towed it to a mechanic, paid the back registration and one year and about $4k later, I have my bare bones 318is. I've replaced a lot, but the engine and tranny are still really strong and it has about 145k miles on it. Hoping to paint it soon...

My, 4k is a lot to put into a 318, but she looks nice. If she's got a lot replaced, I suppose that takes care of a lot of preventative maintenance. Congrats on the ride and best of luck!
    Grant Wescott
    1991 Sterling Silver 325iX stock (daily driver)
    1991 Black 325i stock (parts)

"Eine Wurst, drei Größe"

Comment

what's with the m42 badge? custom?

Comment

I had to replace the igniton and door lock cylinder from the break-in. I completely replaced all the brakes, and got new tires, new battery and fuel pump. Front wheel bearing needed replacing, I put in bilstein HD's, Z4 short shifter, I have replaced the clutch and put in a good stereo as that had been broken when they tried to steal it. I'm hoping that is most of the preventative maintentence I will need for awhile...

Comment

Yeah, I'm selling those emblems, $8 shipped. check the for sale section on r3v...

Comment

that sounds like a good deal. I've put in a hell of a lot more than $4G into my car, and it doesn't look all that much different- not to mention you have all those new wearable items.

What are your future plans with this car?
            ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

I've got euro ellipsoids on the way from greg, and just put in a markD chip. I've got a nice set of 17x7 Voxx 5-spoke rims at my house, just no money for tires, and I would like to have it re-srpayed because the hood and roof are horribly oxidized, (can't tell from the car wash pics). I would also like to get a bilstein and H&R sport setup...

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrsckmnd
                I've got euro ellipsoids on the way from greg, and just put in a markD chip. I've got a nice set of 17x7 Voxx 5-spoke rims at my house, just no money for tires, and I would like to have it re-srpayed because the hood and roof are horribly oxidized, (can't tell from the car wash pics). I would also like to get a bilstein and H&R sport setup...
                nice!

How do you like the MarkD chip so far? Have you dyno-ed your car?
                ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

The chip makes a huge difference. The car revs quicker and seems to have more power in the 2k to 4k range. I've only put on 150 miles, but I can definately feel an improvment. I probably won't be getting my car dyno'd, but as a daily driver, it makes driving to work a little more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant
                    My, 4k is a lot to put into a 318, but she looks nice.
                    He's got $4k invested into a car that he paid NOTHING for. $4k is a good price for a decent 91 318is.

Besides, who here hasn't put $4k into their car? I'm driving a $9k 84 318 haha.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                      He's got $4k invested into a car that he paid NOTHING for. $4k is a good price for a decent 91 318is.

True, read the second half of my statement :D
                      Grant Wescott
                      1991 Sterling Silver 325iX stock (daily driver)
                      1991 Black 325i stock (parts)

"Eine Wurst, drei Größe"

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat

Not to mention he lives in Hawaii which makes it harder to find the cars in the first place and then everything has to be shipped the expensive way.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                        1989 325iC M50 Vert
                        1989 325i Coupe
                        1991 318is
                        1995 318ti Club Sport
                        2006 330i e90
                        2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Nice 318is ive got one too, i got mine 2 years ago for $1500 and since then i have invested 8K into it for the suspension,audio,two sets of wheels, mtech 1 spoiler,smoked parking lights/tailights,interior stuff(some fabricated parts from the junkyard),brakes,JC chip,Cai,Exhaust,and eyelids. Whew, this month I spent about $600 for my euro rear plate filler,front plate filler,foglights,halogen headlight conversion,new iS lip,sideskirts,G-tech meter,front/rear bumper trim,foglights,and X-drilled rotors. Damn it hurts to mention all the money ive spent.

Comment

Nice 318is ive got one too, i got mine 2 years ago for $1500 and since then i have invested 8K into it for the suspension,audio,two sets of wheels, mtech 1 spoiler,smoked parking lights/tailights,interior stuff(some fabricated parts from the junkyard),brakes,JC chip,Cai,Exhaust,and eyelids. Whew, this month I spent about $600 for my euro rear plate filler,front plate filler,foglights,halogen headlight conversion,new iS lip,sideskirts,front/rear bumper trim,foglights,and X-drilled rotors. Damn it hurts to mention all the money ive spent.

Comment

i'm about to join the m42 club......... :?
                              173rd ABN

Comment

Working...
                              X