Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fear the non-matching headlights and high suspension!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear the non-matching headlights and high suspension!

As you can tell, it's completely stock. Have to sell my old DD that has complications then I'll go on a buying and saving spree. Took some good pictures today. Thought I would share, it's not the most pleasant looking car... as you can see.

Question, since it's an auto. What would you, I estimate these prices, of course like all things - could cost more. It comes down to... would I be happy with the i engine for the money?

M20B25+Manual Conversion+Paint
    or
    M50+E36/E30 Tranny

My blank canvas. [click for bigger]

A few more here: http://blue-helix.com/e30/gallery/feb05/
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

just pimpin' man...
    1994 BMW 325 i/Canon Rebel XT/28-135mm IS f:3.5-5.6/Canon 50mm f:1.8

Comment

Re: Fear the non-matching headlights and high suspension!

Originally posted by eightyfoure
      Question, since it's an auto. What would you, I estimate these prices, of course like all things - could cost more. It comes down to... would I be happy with the i engine for the money?

j/k, but that really is tough to interpret on my first read through.
      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Do Diy mods on this one and then just go buy a 89-91325i and start on it, instead of doing all the work. IMO
        E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Mtech1. ;)
          The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Re: Fear the non-matching headlights and high suspension!

Originally posted by ToplessE30

j/k, but that really is tough to interpret on my first read through.
            Holy shit you are right.

What would you do?
            M50+Manual or M20B25+Paint+Manual?
            Would the i engine keep me satisfied?

Originally posted by hamann318is
            Mtech1. ;)
            Oh at the very least it's getting euro bumpers. :D

Comment

i, like you am tired of debating, sell your car and buy another e30, all the little things you love about your car the new one will have.... it will just be a lot better. i am supposed to get a new one pretty soon... we will see. good luck

Comment

Well, i'd personally like to see another early car done up nicely.

M50 + Getrag 260(if possible) + paint + Euro bumpers + Suspension + BBS RMs...etc, etc.
                Trevor Ely
                '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by IL DUCE
                  i, like you am tired of debating, sell your car and buy another e30, all the little things you love about your car the new one will have.... it will just be a lot better. i am supposed to get a new one pretty soon... we will see. good luck

Amateurs ;)

Comment

Needs a hell of a lot of work. I too agree that selling it and getting a better starting point would be the best idea. If you were to do the M20 + 5 speed swap and paint on that car you would hate your self. Think about it.... Im sure if you look hard enough you can find a 5 speed 325is with good paint for a decent price. Apposed to the amount you would end up sepending on the things youve listed. Get a different e30. Then you can start with Euro bumpers or wheels or any other of the things you planned doing. That way you can by pass the big stuff you were talking about. Youll prolly save some money and a lot of time if you did it this way. Just my 2 cents. If your dead set on keeping this car and doing the things mentioned then I appoligize for the comments. It just seems to me like theres a hell of a lot to be done before you can even start on suspension or anything else for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone

Amateurs ;)
                      :oops:

Comment

your car seems to be in good condition....so why sell it to get plastic bumpers...i kno on here they are considered "mad tyte" and are on everyones to do list but i say keep your car if its in good condition and mod it....

euro bumpers
                        good suspension
                        nice set of rims

motor wise the m20b25 would be the cheapest of the swaps...but ur still gonna be stuck with the old technology...basically whatever your pockets can handle i say go for it...i myself am saving for a s50

all in all on this fourm all the answers your gonna get is "sell your car and get a 88+"..."who mods an eta"...."eta's suck"

But what do i know? :roll:
                        JDM no more

Comment

Originally posted by IL DUCE
                          I'm not tired of it, I like my car. I'll like it a hell of alot more when it's not so slow. I simply realize my dream/vision for it is gonna take some time.

Originally posted by formula driver
                          Needs a hell of a lot of work. I too agree that selling it and getting a better starting point would be the best idea. If you were to do the M20 + 5 speed swap and paint on that car you would hate your self. Think about it.... Im sure if you look hard enough you can find a 5 speed 325is with good paint for a decent price. Apposed to the amount you would end up sepending on the things youve listed. Get a different e30. Then you can start with Euro bumpers or wheels or any other of the things you planned doing. That way you can by pass the big stuff you were talking about. Youll prolly save some money and a lot of time if you did it this way. Just my 2 cents. If your dead set on keeping this car and doing the things mentioned then I appoligize for the comments. It just seems to me like theres a hell of a lot to be done before you can even start on suspension or anything else for that matter.
                          I'm not offended, it looks like it's in shit shape I admit. I realize that in it's current shape an i is a better car, but even if I could find a well priced i close to me - I don't think it would be worth it. I didn't pay much for this car, and still putting money into it for a M50 swap I'll still be paying less or equal to a clean i/is.

Suspension, wheels, and worn parts are going to be done first. Then euro bumpers. Then I'm gearing for a M50 swap this summer with plenty of time to plan - I'm just curious if I could find a rebuilt/low miles m20b25 that would keep me happy...

Originally posted by Jdm
                          your car seems to be in good condition....so why sell it to get plastic bumpers...i kno on here they are considered "mad tyte" and are on everyones to do list but i say keep your car if its in good condition and mod it....

euro bumpers
                          good suspension
                          nice set of rims

motor wise the m20b25 would be the cheapest of the swaps...but ur still gonna be stuck with the old technology...basically whatever your pockets can handle i say go for it...i myself am saving for a s50

all in all on this fourm all the answers your gonna get is "sell your car and get a 88+"..."who mods an eta"...."eta's suck"

But what do i know? :roll:
                          I know exactly what you mean. I want to have this car a little different then the norm. You've mentioned a few things on the list I got planned. Only reason I consider the m20b25 is cuz it's cheap. I don't think an s50 is in my price range within the time I got some stuff planned. Yeah who the hell mods an eta? :D James your car inspires me.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Comment

also to add many of the cars that have been modded extremely were eta's...ryans/randy spares/....etc
                            JDM no more

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfoure
                              - I'm just curious if I could find a rebuilt/low miles m20b25 that would keep me happy...
                              I have one with 99k sitting in my garage, that you could buy at a steal if you wanted the only prob. is that you would probably pay more in shipping then the $ of the motor.
                              E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Working...
                              X