Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my old blue gets a full body massage (no e30 here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my old blue gets a full body massage (no e30 here)

so as any of you who have ready my build thread on my 2002 (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=146243) know i recently got in a bit of a fender bender with my 2002.
    i want to start a separate thread for the body work and paint i will be doing this summer.
    so here goes. i only have a cell phone camera so sadly all the pictures will not be of the highest quality.

my car after the accident.

floor rust

progress on front

the nose still needs to be properly fit and welded on...

floor all patched up

im also shaving some trim and the side markers

other body work includes dents on the drivers side tail section

and a fucked up drivers side fender

i also need to remove the rear window and fix some rust around the window frame, along with ether replacing or removing the spare tire well.
    i should have it al done and painted by the end of the summer. i cant wait! i have never done body work before so i am a bit apprehensive. i am not looking forward to the hours of sanding. if anyone has any constructive criticism or comments please let me know.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Wow man.... You get hurt at all? How fast were you going/they going? I'm always scared to get hit in my 2002. Good job on the bodywork though! Get it back on the road!

Comment

Isn't cool to know you can buy new panels for such an old eco box.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

It's gonna look great. I love to see 2002's being taken care of, such amazing & deserving cars.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by pizzaman View Post
          Wow man.... You get hurt at all? How fast were you going/they going? I'm always scared to get hit in my 2002. Good job on the bodywork though! Get it back on the road!
          nice 2002!
          no i didn't get hurt. i was only rolling but i rear ended a truck and got his trailer hitch in my face. i was half asleep and did not see it coming at all. dont drive and :yawn:...
          it never got reported because the guys truck was fine. so that's good.
          i cant wait for it to be done though. i want it to look clean like yours!!!!
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
            nice 2002!
            no i didn't get hurt. i was only rolling but i rear ended a truck and got his trailer hitch in my face. i was half asleep and did not see it coming at all. dont drive and :yawn:...
            it never got reported because the guys truck was fine. so that's good.
            i cant wait for it to be done though. i want it to look clean like yours!!!!
            Thanks!
            Makes me wonder how much/if the big bumper would have helped. Good progress so far on it! Dont let my sig fool you. My car has more dents and dings than you can imagine.

Comment

got a lot done today! took the window out and welded in patches around all the rust areas, and got the nose fitted well and welded on most of the way. i also patched the bumper mounting holes. so happy with what i got done today. :D

window patch passenger side

window patches drivers side

i still have a lot of work ahead of me, and i need a new passenger side fender because the one i bought used is not usable because of rust. kinda pissed me off.
              im getting much better at mig welding! some of the beads i am putting down look tits! to bad the pictures suck so much!
              more progress next week starting on monday.
              sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great project but please buy a digital camera

Comment

Subscribed - and BTW - great name for a car.

"Oh, that's Blue. An old navy vet who hangs around my store a lot. Don't worry. He's legit. "
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

china-man ? lol
                    http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ryno View Post
                      china-man ? lol
                      ;)

i got all the welding/metal work done. ready to start sanding and bondo. going to try and do as much hammer and dolly as i can to stay away from the bondo, but i am no pro at metal work.
                      ill just be going panel to panel because i need to drive this car while i am doing the body work. progress will be slow next month because i have work out of the city and because of the picnic up north.
                      ill post some more bad pictures tomorrow. maybe my dad will let me use his camera. :D lol
                      sigpic

Comment

a few pictures. got her back on the ground. need a few retainer clips for the passenger fender. im cleaning up and painting the inside right now.

still no camera.

my work bench area.

my welder

and the creative wiring i came up with so i can plug my welder into the drier outlet.
                        as you guys should know th older drier plugs have no ground. they just have two prongs for 120 (for the motor) and 220 (for the drier element). so i used the wire coming off the 120 prong for a ground. thats the little thing on the side you can see.
                        it looks scary but it works and is safe... i think. lol
                        sigpic

Comment

ouch...does yours have the v4?

Comment

Working...
                          X