From Ashy to Slightly Classy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Ashy to Slightly Classy

So yesterday was a good day for my car and I. It started off by me waking up @ 6:30am to leave my house by 7am to get to Ontario by 8am to pick up some interior. Then it was followed up by driving back from Ontario to North Hills by 9:30am to get my suspension, brakes and interior installed. It was a long day, but totally worth it. Big ups to Lifestyle 101 on helping me on this install. He taught me alot yesterday about my car, and can't thank him enough. BTW, he is a complete e30 HOARDER!!! He has 6 freaking e30's and all of them are the shit. Now on with the pics...

My car when I first got her in December 09... VERY ASHY...

Tan Interior...

During the interior removal process...

New Interior installed...

Car after new suspension installed...

I'm extremely happy with the way my car turned out. I love the drop that I got from the suspension technique springs. Black interior turned out great as well. I couldn't have done this without Lifestyle 101, his expertise made my car get to what it is now. A better photo session will be in the works soon. I was just so damn tired after yesterday I took these half ass pics. Enjoy!
    "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Looks great. I can't tell you how happy I am that you lowered the car properly before getting new wheels.

A lowered car will always look better on stock wheels than a stock height car on new wheels. ALWAYS.

Comment

Great step for your car man!
      It is well on its way!
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
        Looks great. I can't tell you how happy I am that you lowered the car properly before getting new wheels.

A lowered car will always look better on stock wheels than a stock height car on new wheels. ALWAYS.

thank you. i wasn't planning on getting new wheels till i lowered the car anyway. but i wanted to do it right. now, it's just a matter of finding some damn wheels i want or can afford...

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
          Great step for your car man!
          It is well on its way!

thank you as well. i feel like i don't look as dorky now that my car is lowered... riding at stock height made me feel.... kinda gay? lol...

Comment

Looks great and thanks for quoting Biggie from "Sky's the limit." If you did actually quote him...

Comment

Wait. So you took out Recaros to put in comfort seats?

Nice job on the low.
              -tim
              Originally posted by Jordan
              I like the stance
              -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                I thought the same thing.

Comment

^me too. I woulda had the recaros rewrapped. Looks good lowered though

Comment

Awesome show, great job. I'm currently in the same boat as you, however I want your old seats!

Comment

what bin did you throw the recaros in?

im diving
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post
                        Looks great and thanks for quoting Biggie from "Sky's the limit." If you did actually quote him...
                        This I did... probably my all-time favorite song from biggie..

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post

Nice job on the low.
                          Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                          I thought the same thing.
                          Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                          ^me too. I woulda had the recaros rewrapped. Looks good lowered though

I did take out the recaros for the comfort seats. The other seats were jacked up. The passenger side was broken and it wouldn't slide back and forth. The driver side had the same problem. But also, the cushions were jacked up to. Made my lower back hurt after driving for a while. And yes, I know I could have got the seats redone, but the price I would have paid for that would have been double for what I got all those new black pieces for. $140 + a drive to ontario for the black interior. So I'm happy with what I got now.

Comment

looks great man!

Comment

The car came out really good and looks completely different than when you picked up the interior from me. I'll let you know when I find a black rear seat.

I don't know why people are having a heart attack about the Recaros ... I would rather have a clean/working comfort set than frozen/broken sports any day and IMHO totally worth the $140 bucks. You can sell the Recaros and pay for the whole black interior.

Comment

Working...
                              X