6 Slashed Tires = Wagon Wheels FTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Slashed Tires = Wagon Wheels FTW

So it was about 4 months ago on a Sunday morning I walked out to my car with all 4 tires slashed. Pissed off, I decided to not let it get me too down, I had a spare set of wheels with really bad tires on them but enough to get me to a tire shop to replace 2 of the slashed tires and keep 2 bald lumpy tires on the rear. That night I was able to park my passenger side against my brick wall so those tires could not be reached in fear of the worst case scenario I could only loose 2 more tires. In case the title didn't give it away, I walked out to my car Monday morning (hoping this was a random act of vandalism) and sure enough the 2 exposed tires were slashed. One of them being brand new I freaked out. I was planning on calling the cops that Monday and obviously I called them at that moment.

Luckily one of my neighbors saw my tires and informed me that he had 4 slashed tires on his car just 2 weeks prior and another one of my neighbors had 2 slashed tires over time on his car, all in our front driveway.

At that point I bought a week long bus pass. I actually super-glued the slashed tires shut and filled them with 15psi and they held air just sitting there enough to become a decoy, the slasher never returned the rest of the week. Luckily a family member (mom) was able to hook me up with 4 cheap tires the next week. And with my Macgyver skillz I was able to come up with some locking wheel caps. These will only work on a lowered car with normal / high offset wheels. The ply wood slides up into the fender and a chain is ran arround the bottom of the tire and through a handle screwed to the wood to keep the wood held to the chain. Sure with a car jack or a few people you can lift up the car enough to pop the wood out of the fender or with a screw driver you can unmount the handle and wiggle the wood over the chain but it does its job as a deterant. All my neighbors and myself have been safe since and I hope if it ever happens again my car will be left standing...

I want to re-design them as I want to get some low offset wheels in the future and this design wouldn't work but for now they do their job to allow me to sleep at night.

needs more lip

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Dude. You need to move.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

HellaFlush.

Comment

Can't they stab through the tread?
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Dude, that really fucking sucks. Sorry man.
            Originally posted by z31maniac
            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

It's a little bit more difficult to stab through the tread of a tire. I'd take it a step further though and put a mean looking dobbie or a pitbull out there. Chain it to the wheel and see those little pricks try it again. I'm sorry but shit like this really pisses me off. Props on being creative! Hope you don't have to go through this again. I'd seriously keep an eye out still. If they see that they may try a different act of vandalism that won't be as easy to fix.

Cheers,

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                Can't they stab through the tread?
                The front and rear tread under the bumper / rockers are still exposed, and I do plan on getting some sheet metal and mounting it to those sides to curve around the tread to protect from stabbing.

Trust me I would love to move but with the gf unemployed its just not in the cards right now.

Comment

do you live in South Central

]Real sht

Comment

Shits straight gangster round here.

I live behind a restaurant that is literally right on Venice Blvd over near the 405. Nice little area but a lot of shady characters live around here.

Comment

Shit's weak. I'd be fuming at the ears, trying to pinpoint when they did it and figure out their bullshit. Fucking lowlifes.

Comment

I lived in the hood in baltimore for the past 7 months, luckily never had any problems with my cars. But now i just moved out to the county thank god. I fuckin hate city trash now more than before...

Comment

Originally posted by z50_Jumper View Post
                          Shits straight gangster round here.

I live behind a restaurant that is literally right on Venice Blvd over near the 405. Nice little area but a lot of shady characters live around here.
                          why dont you goto meets then? I dont think Ive seen you at any b4. And thats not a "ghetto" area but its true. There are crazy crack heads and bumbs running around.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
                            It's a little bit more difficult to stab through the tread of a tire. I'd take it a step further though and put a mean looking dobbie or a pitbull out there. Chain it to the wheel and see those little pricks try it again. I'm sorry but shit like this really pisses me off. Props on being creative! Hope you don't have to go through this again. I'd seriously keep an eye out still. If they see that they may try a different act of vandalism that won't be as easy to fix.

Cheers,

Brian
                            They'll stab the dog.

Sorry to hear that OP, that really blows. One of my fears.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Set up a small, cheap IP camera somewhere that is out of view. You can get them for DIRT cheap, and you'll have hard evidence to take to the cops.

Comment

Working...
                              X