Originally posted by audiquattrot
    bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
    1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
    2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
    1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
    2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Originally posted by dvmotorsports View Post
      I forgot to mention, i'm not using the cage. This will be a full OEM restore as close to concourse as I can get it.
      You are insane...that looks like a PERFECT start to a crazy mad insane hp dorifto car :p
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

not that what i think means anything--but a "restoration" on a car that has already been all "hacked" up and welded all over the place???????????
        you should rethink your plans-- and put it together as a "track" car - cheap and fast, and then sell it... to buy a "nicer" more original car to "redo".

my fathers VERY wise words when I was a young wrencher--" what you spend in the beginning you will save 10 fold in the end!" It took me many years to realize and much lost money to understand!!!!

not hating at all, and best of luck with the project- anyway I hope to see it come back together as a complete car again.

Comment

Originally posted by 619E30 View Post
          Might as well build it into a track car
          There is no track on Oahu. It was shut down in '06.

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
          not that what i think means anything--but a "restoration" on a car that has already been all "hacked" up and welded all over the place???????????
          you should rethink your plans-- and put it together as a "track" car - cheap and fast, and then sell it... to buy a "nicer" more original car to "redo".

my fathers VERY wise words when I was a young wrencher--" what you spend in the beginning you will save 10 fold in the end!" It took me many years to realize and much lost money to understand!!!!

not hating at all, and best of luck with the project- anyway I hope to see it come back together as a complete car again.
          There has been very little hacking and welding. Just a couple spots in the floor pan where there was rust. And some metal removal on the wall between the rear seat and trunk where the ski hole is.

It appears that the fenders have been grafted, but they aren't. That is all you see of the respray, when the PO shot it grey.
          Originally posted by jrhaile
          For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

looked to me like the rear shock mounts were all welded up. a couple of weld marks are nothing that cant be ground back down-- i was just thinking it looked like the rear was setup for coilovers/cage.--

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
              looked to me like the rear shock mounts were all welded up. a couple of weld marks are nothing that cant be ground back down-- i was just thinking it looked like the rear was setup for coilovers/cage.--
              I just noticed that. I haven't even seen the car yet other than pictures. But it was too good a price to pass up.

Basically my situation is this. I have wanted an E30M for many years. But I can't drop that kind of cash out of pocket. So I went with this because it was cheap and I take take my time building it as funds come available rather than trying to save a wad of cash for a complete car. I am terrible at trying to do that.

So yeah I know it's not perfect. But I have what I want and I will make it mine. And I will know every inch of the car by the time i'm done.
              Originally posted by jrhaile
              For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

YES! i want another one sooo bad. I think im gonna sell my e46 and buy another one for a DD.

Comment

Hand it over to ATAN88 to project manage the resto, he'll have it done in 3-5 days, maybe in 10 days if he is lazy. :)

Comment

Now this a cool build. Building an M3 from scratch.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by yan-3 View Post
                      yes! I want another one sooo bad. I think im gonna sell my e46 and buy another one for a dd.
                      :d

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                      X