Finally got both Recaro seats in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got both Recaro seats in!

I had to get the knee bolster on the passengers (was the drivers side) recovered before I got that one in. Definitely more comfortable and better built than sport seats.
    But now they are both in! Old crappy seats are for sale ;).
    It was a successful day -- got both seats in and got the ABS fixed with a new computer.

My favorite style of Recaro, look stellar. I do want a set of these one day.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Seriously. I love it, perfect match for a street driven e30. Very nice!
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

drool!
        sigpic

Comment

where did you get them from?

Comment

ARGH I wanted those seats so bad. When they came up for sale, I put my seats on a fire sale, and didn't get any offers on them in time. Consider me EXTREMELY fucking jealous.

Comment

Glad you guys approve. Definitely my favorite pattern.

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
              where did you get them from?
              From a for sale thread on this forum a good while back. They are from a 70's era Alfa Romeo. Actually, one of them (now the passengers side) has what appears to be heating elements in them. If both had it, I would have pursued getting that working as well.

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
              ARGH I wanted those seats so bad. When they came up for sale, I put my seats on a fire sale, and didn't get any offers on them in time. Consider me EXTREMELY fucking jealous.
              Haha, yeah I know Janderson.
              If these seats hadn't been available, I would have bought yours. Sorry for raining on your parade though :). You can stare at the pictures as much as you want though and imagine them in your car.

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
                Haha, yeah I know Janderson.
                If these seats hadn't been available, I would have bought yours. Sorry for raining on your parade though :). You can stare at the pictures as much as you want though and imagine them in your car.
                Hey, fuck you, buddy.

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                  Hey, fuck you, buddy.

;)
                  :p

The best thing about them is that I was able to get them to bolt up with the rails that were on them. All of the bolt holes lined up perfectly once I adjust the brackets -- I simply (like anything custom is simple) had to make some spacers/visit mcmaster.

Comment

titties!!!
                    "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Question, how tall are you? And do you have lengthy arms?

I ask because I'm trying to justify whether or not to put my husco armrest in my car but I mocked it up on my car and it looked/felt like I would get annoyed of hitting my elbow on it when I shift.

Other than that, seats look great. Highly jealous! I love cloth!!!

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                        Question, how tall are you? And do you have lengthy arms?

I ask because I'm trying to justify whether or not to put my husco armrest in my car but I mocked it up on my car and it looked/felt like I would get annoyed of hitting my elbow on it when I shift.

Other than that, seats look great. Highly jealous! I love cloth!!!
                        I'm 6'3" with normal arms I guess Haha. It does get in the way while shifting. When cruising I can shift with my elbow on the arm rest but with aggressive driving I either have to lift my elbow up or put it next to my side. It is very worth it being in the way sometimes to be able to have an armrest. It becomes second nature shifting differently.

Comment

Legit. Need more pics of car.

Comment

very nice indeed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Niiiice! These seats do feel and not just look good!
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                              X