No announcement yet.

so I got a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish my car had something in it with "reactor" in the name.

Maybe I'll just mount one of these to my trunklid:

Comment

dam good shit nick.... well hope so see u the 20th...
      [PAKSIW]
      20D .........
      vmwerks :up:
      ryan gmw :up:

Comment

That's awesome!
        And it looks extremely clean too, just needs a good detail!

Originally posted by Janderson
        you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

jealous
          Josh

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159843

Comment

Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
            is the thermal reactor the thing above the exhaust manifold? I was wondering what the fuck that thing was..
            Yes - and they have a tendency to crack. The air pump adds fresh oxygen into the thermal reactor to give any unburned fuel an opportiunity to burn off. I don't know way too much about cali law - but all of these thigs must be present and opperational for your car to pass smog. You'll need the charcoal cannister as well. I do know that for 76s these ars are extremely affordable in california.

If you want it to pass legitimately, you can't remove all of the relays and emissions crap like you'd do on a 74.
            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

nice pickup! I made the switch to an '02 as well and am loving every minute of it. Slow as balls, but it puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel

Comment

I want one of these BAD...
                sigpic

Comment

Damn, having to smog it will suck majorly but it looks good regardless. There are a few good threads on bmw2002faq about smog stuff, I have 1 bookmarked that I will link. Where abouts in CA are you?

sigpic

Comment

here, there, and everywhere.
                    im in LA now, sacramento area over the summer, then not sure where after that.

supposedly the car passed smog 3 months ago with no EGR. ive got the new EGR and will have it running better tommorow hopefully. its in amazing shape mechanically, so i dont see it being too hard.

Comment

Sooo awesome. I want that momo bad haha

Comment

interior looks really good! A nice paint job and you are set!

congrats.
                        Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

it passed smog 3 months ago with no EGR and Ive got a new EGR coming tomorrow, so well see.

ive been the Sacramento area the past two years, will probably be moving to the bay after this summer.

Comment

Didn't you just get an MR2? Do you have 3 cars now?

Also, did you graduate?
                            '07 Female Miniature Dachshund, Long Hair Edition, Red.
                            Mods so far: Reproduction delete kit, biweekly nail shortening.
                            (Pics hopefully coming soon)

Comment

Got an MR2.. But it was fucking gay so I sold it. The rear subframe tore out the red e30 and ruined the chassis, so sold that too.

I did graduate.

The 02 will be built up into a trackday car. At this point the plan is to build the M10 to ~180 HP but I may just decide to go all out and run race fuel and higher compression. Or if I somehow came across a cheap s14..
                              runs like shit atm though.. hence me driving a honda right now. I'll likely end up somewhere up here or in the bay, so I'll see you guys soon enough..
                              Last edited by Nic01101011; 07-16-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

MR2 was gay? Other than looking? I heard they were good. What actually happened with it?

I woulda kept the E30 too. some J-B Weld and bubble gum couldn't fix it?

You're gonna get 180HP out of an M10? I wish I was getting that out of my M20. And that's twice the 10's!
                                '07 Female Miniature Dachshund, Long Hair Edition, Red.
                                Mods so far: Reproduction delete kit, biweekly nail shortening.
                                (Pics hopefully coming soon)

Comment

Working...
                                X