Just picked this up today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked this up today...

Trolling CL earlier this week and came across this. Not that I need another project, but the previous owner was, well....let's just say the car needed saving. It's very solid with no rust at all. The top is quite good, but needs a rear window. Appears that he was attempting something with the front of the car, not sure where he was going with it. The rest of the front is not twisted/dented, so I ruled out a hit in the front. Inside door panels are missing, so I'll be looking for a set of black with the grey cloth inserts.

A couple questions: I assume the rear inner quarter interior panels are cabrio specific? What other items might be cabrio specific? Anyone recognize the body kit? Not sure what direction I might go there, maybe swap out for M-Tech.

Anyway, enjoy the pics and give me some ideas.

Thanks for looking.
    sigpic
    Too many mods, so little space...

looks like a good score, how much??
    sigpic

Comment

Rear panels are cabrio specific. Not sure if you're asking what other interior panels or just differences in general. Exterior differences are the doors, front fenders, rear deck lid.

That kit is an e36 replica ebay style skirts and rear apron.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
      1989 325iC M50 Vert
      1989 325i Coupe
      1991 318is
      1995 318ti Club Sport
      2006 330i e90
      2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Is this the one Danny had for a while?

Looks like its worth saving.
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

calypsorot my fav color!
          sigpic

Comment

looks like e36 m3 skirts
            i will get my moms g35 and monkey stomp your ass she has a k&n air filter your sr20det on 20 lbs cant fuck with it

Comment

You've got that beautiful very rare silver interior...I may be biased haha. Nice find! I love that color!
              1992 325i Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by sector6 View Post
                looks like a good score, how much??
                What do you think it's worth?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brodee View Post
                  Rear panels are cabrio specific. Not sure if you're asking what other interior panels or just differences in general. Exterior differences are the doors, front fenders, rear deck lid.

That kit is an e36 replica ebay style skirts and rear apron.
                  I did mean in general. I knew the deck lid/parcel shelf area was cabrio specific, but I wouldn't have guessed about the front fenders. How are they different?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                    Is this the one Danny had for a while?

Looks like its worth saving.
                    The guy I got it from was not named Danny, but he had bought it from a guy that moved to Florida I think and had done nothing with it since the purchase. It had been sitting for several months.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nadodude111 View Post
                      You've got that beautiful very rare silver interior...I may be biased haha. Nice find! I love that color!
                      Would you post some pics of your interior so I can see what it is SUPPOSED to look like? TIA
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L8 Apex View Post
                        I did mean in general. I knew the deck lid/parcel shelf area was cabrio specific, but I wouldn't have guessed about the front fenders. How are they different?
                        Since the cabrios have a thicker rocker section to strengthen the car the fender goes down lower than a normal e30 fender. That section covered by the side skirt is where it's different.

Another difference on the cabrio is that reinforcement plate between the strut tower and the fender. Also the cabrios have the largest sway bars of any e30.

What year is it? I'm guessing '91. What are the camber plates?

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                        1989 325iC M50 Vert
                        1989 325i Coupe
                        1991 318is
                        1995 318ti Club Sport
                        2006 330i e90
                        2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by brodee View Post
                          Since the cabrios have a thicker rocker section to strengthen the car the fender goes down lower than a normal e30 fender. That section covered by the side skirt is where it's different.

Another difference on the cabrio is that reinforcement plate between the strut tower and the fender. Also the cabrios have the largest sway bars of any e30.

What year is it? I'm guessing '91. What are the camber plates?
                          It's actually a '92. The camber plates are KMACs I think. It needs serious front end suspension work though. I haven't gotten it up on my lift yet, but serious clunking going on there.
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought all the '92's had plastic bumpers. That looks like it had a metal one on the front.

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                            1989 325iC M50 Vert
                            1989 325i Coupe
                            1991 318is
                            1995 318ti Club Sport
                            2006 330i e90
                            2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Plastic bumpers started showing up on convertibles as of 10/90. In '91 BMW sold both the metal and plastic bumpered vert and then in '92 and '93 only the plastics were made and sold.
                              1992 325i Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X