Car of the month - June 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car of the month - June 2010

Sorry for the delay. But here you guys go, It's YAN-3 and his sexy 1988 M3.

1988 BMW M3 (production: Spetember 26 1987, # 1,479th M3 )

Factory options: (401)Sunroof, (410)PW, (530)AC, (540)CC, (551)OBC II, (675)BMW Sound System

Color: Zinnoberrot (138/3)

Interior color: Natur (0295)

Engine modifications: Schrick 284/276, 15cm CF DTM replica air box with MAXX Alpha N, Evo II cam gear, S50 chain tensioner, Evo II oil pump, VAC hybrid oil pan baffle, igo 93 chip, GPS/Magnecor 8.5mm w/ RED coil, IE urethane motor mounts (1/4" lower), 16" Spal electric fan, AC, PS, and stock fan have all been deleted. Oil filter relocation kit, MASSIVE air filter housing

Exhaust: 50/50 euro exhaust manifold, VSR1 SS center section, Stromung SS muffler

Transmission: Rouge Octane SSK

Differential: 4:10S w/ M coupe diff cover

Suspension: IE Stg 3 w/ Bilstein Sport, Vorshlag camber plates, OCAB, 20mm roll center spacers, 25mm/22mm IE roll bars w/ reinforcements, IE urethane sub frame, rear trailing arm bushings, F+R braces

Wheels: 17x8.5 AC Schnitzer Type 1 with 215/40/17 Yokohama Parada Spec-2

Exterior modifications: CF AC Shcnitzer rep mirrors, Evo III rear wing w/ CF 92 DTM flap, Evo II front spoiler w/ Evo III splitter, Evo III CF air ducts, Evo III under tray, euro tow hook covers, Evo III hood seals, euro grills, CF kidneys, DIY smoked euro smileys with 4600K Bosch HID and LED city lights, smoked turn signal lenses, Startec v2 taillights w/LED brake and indicator bulbs, euro rear plate filler, Evo III bumper tape.

Interior modifications: Recaro Pole Positions, VSR1 half cage, Schroth 3" 5pt harnesses, Momo MC wheel, e46 ZHP shift knob, e34 parking brake assembly, Evo III dead pedal, Stereo delete, A/F+volt+oil pressure gauges, Evo III door sills, black OEM mats, custom made e32 style storage compartment.

Story behind the car:
    Too much to write about. The car was originally purchased in Germany while I was stationed on Ramstein, spent at least 1K on laps around the Green Hell, and finally brought the car out to CA when I moved to school out there, went to Ryan GMW for lots of work and then out to the east coast where Im stationed now. The car has a really colorful history behind it and all of its many moves, and owners (Im the 3rd owner). But its too much to list and write about here. Maybe one day Ill make a documentary on it. LOL

Last edited by JasonC; 06-21-2010, 07:32 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Awesome car Yan, congrats on COTM. It's a bit to "Modified" visually for my taste, but it's awesome.

Comment

Congrats Yan!
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

well deserved. congrats yan.

Comment

Another great choice, congratulations YAN.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Awesome car & super cool owner. Congrats Yan!
            Originally posted by BillBrasky
            E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
            1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
            1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
            1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
            2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Well done, Yan!
              sigpic
              Originally posted by JinormusJ
              Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
              1989 325is Raged on then sold.
              1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
              1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
              1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Very nice Yan! Hopefully when I get back in town I can come check it out at the Fairfax meet, or if you have time to come up to the College park meets.
                stephenbrody.com

Comment

congrats!
                  sigpic

Comment

beautiful M3. its cool to see its progression and all its transformations, my personal favorite is back when it had the throwing stars. perfection.
                    Strategic Alpine Command:...sig loading

Comment

I still want to steal that. Ive been practicing hot wiring my e30.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                      You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

looked awesome on the throwing stars.

Glad you take care of it so well, its a real head turner.
                        Flickr
                        Originally posted by Indecline06
                        For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Great choice!! I've loved watching this thing progress over the years. Congrats Yan!

Comment

Great looking car, I have always liked it. Congrats Yan!

Comment

Thanks guys, this is cool.

I know its well over due a proper day of photo taking, and ill do it soon with a full list of mods and upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                              X