Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude man bro...

Update on pg 2 cuz of char size limit

Warning: Shitload of pictures and long post if you just wanna see my car I'll save you some time, here you go lol:

And if you're bored and have some time to kill, here's the full post:

Hey what's up r3v, most of you probably seen me posting around the forums but now I finally have something worth sharing so I decided to make a thread about my car.

This is going to be my daily driver and track/autox car. I've never been to a track before so I'm looking forward to my first track day. I originally wanted to take the car to the track at least once stock, but my suspension was horrible so I felt like I had to upgrade, and it just all turned into the snowball effect from there:

Modifications (major ones done by Ryan G. Motorworks):

--'95 m3 steering rack
    --z3 1.9 shift lever w/ all new OEM e30 shifter parts and AKG delrin housing bushing
    --3.73 LSD from 325is w/ 160k miles on it replaced fluid with redline 75w-90 gear oil
    --AKG 75D polyurethane subframe, trailing arm, diff mount bushings
    --Tree-house racing FCAB's w/ new OEM lemfoerder control arms
    --AKG Rear trailing arm re-inforcement
    --Peerless e30 motorwerks weld-on skid plate
    --AKG weld-on rear subframe camber/toe adjusters
    --AST 4100 kit front rates: 550lbs/in rear rates: 650 lbs/in
    --Vorshlag camber plates
    --Rogue Engineering RSMs
    --E30 M3 front weld-on tabs to mount sway bar end links to struts
    --E30 M3 front sway bar end links
    --MOMO Champion 350mm steering wheel
    --Monowiper
    --UUC SS brake lines + UUC SS clutch line
    --SFGadgetguy cupholders
    --TRM C1 15x8 with 225/50/15 BFG G-force sports all around

Shot of the AST's

Bushings and camber/toe adjuster:

z0mg my car can haz m3?

Thing I have sitting in my garage waiting to go on:

--is front lip w/ Ryan G splitter
    --Euro grille
    --Euro smilies
    --New-condition OEM fog lights
    --Euro bumper trim
    --Plasti-dip to paint chrome window trim black
    --Duplicolor metalcast red and Spraymax 2-part urethane clear coat to paint tail-lights all-red (except leaving the reverse part white)

Thing I want to get:

--Racing dynamics rear apron (trying to save up and catch that GB if it ever gets together)
    --Some nice side skirts.. havn't decided yet
    --S52 swap next summer hopefully
    --A set of nice wheels for the street w/ stretched tires and keep my TRM C1's w/ proper sized track tires so I can swap wheels for track/autox days.
    --DDM HIDs: 55w 5k low beam 35w 4.5k fogs
    --Nice black sport seats
    --If the car will continue to see the street after the S52 swap then I will convert entire interior to black with rear headrests and the rear arm rest.
    --Mtech 1 rear spoiler
    --Euro side markers
    --Clear front turn signals w/ stealth bulbs

I'm pretty sure I forgot some stuff I'll edit them in if I did but now on to the pictures:

Pictures from the craiglist ad, bought it off a guy in Richmond lol:

Did some kind of mythical beast with temperature resistant staining urine take a leak on my engine?

Interior:

Now with cupholders... might be gay but it works and now I can ejoy my mexican coke :)

Turning some wrenches getting that timing belt donzo:

Big day! Heading for Ryan's shop up in Auburn to get my bushings, z3 shift lever, steering rack, LSD, and a couple other things put on while also replacing the oil pan gasket, tranny seals, CSB&guibo and a few other maintenance items.

Loading up at 3:30 AM to make the 2.5 hour trip to Auburn:

Jackstands are only there to keep the diff from sliding around lol:

Finally..... I made it up it goes:

Changing the oil pan gasket:

Let the subframes hit the floor:

Well... I'm glad it didn't hit the floor.

The replacement subframe with camber/toe adjusters already welded on prior to my arrival and the new AKG 75D bushings in place:

Welding on my skid plate:

It was a long ass day. I arrive at around 7:30AM and we worked all the up to like 9PM. I got back home at midnight haha

2nd Big day, heading to infineon raceway to have my spare front struts shortened by Tim @ TFB Performance to be compatible with my 4100 inserts and then heading to ryan's shop to weld on the e30 m3 tabs and the rest of the suspension install then back to TFB for the alignment:

Round 2:

AST's assembled and ready to have the m3 tabs welded on and installed!

On my way back to TFB after getting the suspension installed:

Back at TFB for the alignment on the new suspension/wheels:

The final product:

I'm pretty happy with how my car turned out and LOVE the way it drives, especially considering this is my first project car ever. Of course I understand there is room for improvement and my stance is not 'the shift' but it can only get better from here. I'm gonna do much better on my next set of wheels/tires and pick a more slam-friendly set-up.
    Last edited by dnova89; 04-05-2014, 01:08 PM.
    -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Just FYI:

I've only washed the car once the week I bought it 8 months ago LOL. I'm going to go through the whole process, wash-claybar-wash-polish-wax in about a week.

Also I just noticed for some reason that little piece of window behind the rear window is not tinted..... so I'll probably get that portion tinted soon to match the rest of the car. I'm pretty happy with the rest of the current tint.
    Last edited by dnova89; 06-28-2010, 01:18 AM.

dude man bro...

Comment

Awesome post, bro.
      Originally posted by e30e
      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

nice to see another 4dr get some mclovin
        Last edited by DTM190; 06-28-2010, 04:50 AM. Reason: for r3v political correctness
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
        first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Gmw ftw!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Screw coupes! 4 doors need love too.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Did you leave the ASTs at the lowest ride height?

That's a pretty serious suspension you have there!

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Very nice. You are doing everything right!

Comment

drool.... Beautiful car

'89 325i - Totaled... good bye my love...
                    '87 327i budget stroker - SOLD!!!
                    '92 240sx - ca18det powered drift toy - SOLD!!!
                    '89 325i - coupe - NEW daily
                    '96 Audi A6 Quattro- Grocery getter/baby hauler
                    '99 Busa - weekend wheelie monster

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                        Did you leave the ASTs at the lowest ride height?

That's a pretty serious suspension you have there!
                        The fronts are spun all the way down and I'm going to get the 5mm shorter bearings for my vorshlag camber plates (they're only $20 so why not?) because I made the mistake of getting the single-row bearing when I ordered. It won't make a big difference but for now it's the only way I can go lower in the front until I can get new tires. It probably wasn't very wise of me to for AST's right off the bat as my first suspension lol, I probably should've went with Gaz or something but I got a pretty good deal on the set-up. (Not as good as the deal elephant motorsports is running though, fuck that's damn cheap!!)

The rears however are not spun all the way down because they were rubbing like crazy. Once I get my next set of wheels/tires I'm going for a more slam-friendly set-up.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone!
                        Last edited by dnova89; 06-28-2010, 11:42 AM.

dude man bro...

Comment

howd you like that akg subframe bushings?!

Comment

That suspension is FTW. With such a serious suspension setup you should keep the agressive look and lift 'er a little, I'd say.
                            Originally posted by z31maniac
                            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Thanks I love the AKG bushings. I can't say that it's because of AKG I like it because I've never driven on any other brand, but it made such a difference even without the coilovers the car stiffened up nicely and handled much better even on my whack alignment, factory springs and blown-leaky shocks. They are noisy but I've never heard of someone upgrading to polyurethane to reduce road noise so you just got to deal with it haha but it's really not that bad.

Then when I got my coilovers and alignment on the new wheels.... I really can't describe it. It's perfect and surprisngly it's SOOOOOOOOOOO smooth compared to other coil overed cars i've sat in for daily driving. I mean you still feel the road and every bump in it but for some reason it's just bearable and I have no complaints about the ride quality. From the outside you can tell the car is stiff as hell and it doesn't have that bouncy-wavy look you see sometimes when honda people put cheap shit on their car. I have the front struts are on 4 out of 12 clicks and the rear shocks 6 out of 12 clicks and love it. It's so fucking streetable I almost want to go with stiffer springs.

It does really well in the mountains too when I went up with my friend back when my e30 was stock he had to wait a good 5-10 minutes for me at the top in his miata but now I have no problem closing up the gap between us during the twisties.
                              Last edited by dnova89; 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM.

dude man bro...

Comment

Working...
                              X