No announcement yet.

Project 512: Driveway Austin Stanceworks Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a long time autocrosser, i just shake my head at this fad. to each his own i guess. good photo skills though. I look at alot of these cars and wonder if they would have seriously made an attempt at making track cars or autocrossers.

Comment

Originally posted by e30fish View Post
      as a long time autocrosser, i just shake my head at this fad. to each his own i guess. good photo skills though. I look at alot of these cars and wonder if they would have seriously made an attempt at making track cars or autocrossers.
      Why does every car in the world with any kind of modification have to go to the track or autocross event?
      Dale
      1991 E30 Touring

Comment

Like I said before, most of the cars that aren't on air have coilovers with high rates, as well as camber adjustability.. Slap on a set of stickies and you'd have an auto-x car. So theoretically yes, they could, whether or not they have or will.. who cares?
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by HighOnLife View Post
          Why does every car in the world with any kind of modification have to go to the track or autocross event?
          They don't.

I believe a cars function should be its form, why have a car that looks fast, can go fast, but doesn't do anything but slowly crawl into a parking lot to be gawked at.

No lip on any of those cars would last a mile on spokane streets without going 5 miles an hour.

Good pics though!!

Comment

Fast "race cars" are completely useless too unless you live 15 minutes from a track and go every weekend. In fact they're probably even more useless considering the amount of money that goes into them versus the amount of time they're actually being used. Putting $20,000 into an E46 M3 so that it'll lap the track 10 seconds faster twice a year at a free-run day is far more retarded in my eyes.

The art of form over function was lost long ago when people stopped caring about details and just wanted more for cheaper. The days of elaborate designs, intricate details and unique styling were replaced with generic Toyota Corollas and Nissan Versas. This scene is bringing sexy back.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
              Fast "race cars" are completely useless too unless you live 15 minutes from a track and go every weekend. In fact they're probably even more useless considering the amount of money that goes into them versus the amount of time they're actually being used. Putting $20,000 into an E46 M3 so that it'll lap the track 10 seconds faster twice a year at a free-run day is far more retarded in my eyes.
              More retarded than spending $10k on blingtastic wheels, tires, and suspension, and the mods needed to be able to turn (roll center adjustments, mounting point moving, fabrication as applicable) just to sit in a parking lot to have pictures taken of it?
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I'm willing to bet 90% of those cars are daily driven. Yes, even at those heights. It just takes practice and you have to actually pay attention to the road.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

only good thing on stance works in the drift videos. everything else on that site is whack! the whole slammed car on rs's and rusted hoods is as original as getting a mustang and putting a loud exhaust on it...everyone has it. and if you don't...oh god forbid if you don't have a set of rs's or type a's....anything else must be sportmaxx or rota. and if you're car has normal suspension geo...deff not cool! the control arms has to be angled waaaayyy up, basically facing vertical.

Comment

I would like u to find any hate on a car for not having rs's or type A's. Yea stanceworks is about low, but there r plenty of member that are not low but u wont see them getting hated on.

Now stanceworks does "hate" on some people.
                    example
                    The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

Comment

dude, the car could be sick and someone would be like needs rs's or some shit. One of the main reasons I can't stant stanceworks and the vw crowd in general is that they're so unoriginal. even mt2 e30 with rs's are unoriginal, it's like everyone has it. sure it looks good, but it's been done over and over and over again. and the worst part is, is that those dudes think that they're baller. if you can fit huge wheels and tires, then why stretch? for example, a g35 and fit 275s out back easily, why on earth would you run a 205?? and on the same sized rim? It's just stupid. I like lowered car and everything and I under stand camber to dial in how to car reacts but rediculous negative camber just looks horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike The Bavarian View Post
                        dude, the car could be sick and someone would be like needs rs's or some shit. One of the main reasons I can't stant stanceworks and the vw crowd in general is that they're so unoriginal. even mt2 e30 with rs's are unoriginal, it's like everyone has it. sure it looks good, but it's been done over and over and over again. and the worst part is, is that those dudes think that they're baller. if you can fit huge wheels and tires, then why stretch? for example, a g35 and fit 275s out back easily, why on earth would you run a 205?? and on the same sized rim? It's just stupid. I like lowered car and everything and I under stand camber to dial in how to car reacts but rediculous negative camber just looks horrible.
                        www.tylercoey.com - www.donewhenimdead.com

E36/8 ///M coupe - E36 ///M3 sedan - E30 ///M powered

Comment

Originally posted by tyleRcoey View Post
                          I would've pushed them off the road into a ditch If I ever saw them while driving a truck...Driving with that much camber you deserve to die.

Comment

I would've pushed them off the road into a ditch If I ever saw them while driving a truck...Driving with that much camber you deserve to die.
                            has so much negative camber the tire stickers stay intact hahaha
                            www.tylercoey.com - www.donewhenimdead.com

E36/8 ///M coupe - E36 ///M3 sedan - E30 ///M powered

Comment

Why the fuck are they sitting on the track instead of driving on it?

stanceworks, fatlace, herraflush
                              oh nevermind...
                              i will get my moms g35 and monkey stomp your ass she has a k&n air filter your sr20det on 20 lbs cant fuck with it

Comment

Ouch!! yea a MtechII e30 may not be ORIGINAL. But wait e30's r 20 yr old cars its all been done to them before. so pretty much nothing is "ORIGINAL" on them. As for RS's yea alot of people think they r the best looking wheel of all time. Personally I agree. But look around when u drive around ur home town how many cars do u see rocking RS's? not many. yes on the forums there are a lot of them. But so what they look great.
                                I agree with u on alot of negative camber does look bad. As for the blue g35 i dont like it. but the white 350z, I love it and he is running 275's in the rear. it is also his DD.(at the same height pictured)

now after going through ur older post u seem to have a problem with any car associated with STANCE. Stretched tires were around a long time before stanceworks.

Comment

Working...
                                X