e30 newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 newb

Hey guys, just joined this forum, Been lurking a while drooling over the sexy e30s in here. My friend introduced me to his 87 325is and Ive been hooked ever since lol. Hopefully I can pick one up for a DD soon.

This is my current ride

^^Last year, I since have lowered it about an inch and installed custom retrofitted headlights I made.

anyways maybe Ill post pics of my e30 once I get it :up:

Sounds good. Wish i could say i've always liked those civics....

Comment

I love those civics, if it was a 4dr, it would of been alot better.

are you having that stupid tranny issues with it or so far so good?
      Originally posted by e30e
      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

wow n2mye30 I had only seen like 2 of those listings, maybe Im not searching hard enough. Thanks

bimmer E30 Unfortunatly I Had my 3rd gear replaced under warranty but recently it seems to be acting up again along with 2nd gear. Im going to drain the transmission fluid and replace it with some amsoil syncromesh as lots of people have had improved shifting after using it. I gotta adjust my clutch too, been meaning to do that for a while to see if it helps. Overall I love my car.

Comment

One of the e30s for sale needs a timing belt, hard to replace? what would you guys say it is from 0-10 in terms of difficulty?

Comment

It's a 5 and there are a ton of people in your area who have e30s. More than likely you'll be able to get some help if you do it. Most e30s will require a timing belt when you get them unless you have specific records that it was recently done.

Good luck in your search. There's also a local crew of folks from the RDU area that could aid in your search www.nceuro.org. Good folks.

Comment

The timing belt on them isn't necessarily hard, there is just a lot of stuff in the way. Just takes longer than some cars. My Rabbit can be done in a half hour. :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by siazul View Post
                wow n2mye30 I had only seen like 2 of those listings, maybe Im not searching hard enough. Thanks

bimmer E30 Unfortunatly I Had my 3rd gear replaced under warranty but recently it seems to be acting up again along with 2nd gear. Im going to drain the transmission fluid and replace it with some amsoil syncromesh as lots of people have had improved shifting after using it. I gotta adjust my clutch too, been meaning to do that for a while to see if it helps. Overall I love my car.
                Nice. Do all of these GEN have the tranny problems? i heard they fixed it in 2008....

EM1 REPRESENT!
                I miss my 99 Civic Sir lol...9k rpm all day is so much fun :/

B16A2 <3

Originally posted by e30e
                lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

^^Wow nice EM1 there bro. My pal has a EJ coupe with a D16, pretty peppy little engine. I love the body style a lot.

Comment

why do people post for sale ads but don't answer or call back?

Comment

87 e30 325is Red Primer, HIDs (non projector), coupe, 16x8 sportmaxx, no cat, tsudo exhaust, one small crack in dash no back seat. $2500 a good price to pay??

Body is in good condition so is Engine, no smoke pulls strong, rear brakes just replaced

Comment

That mod list makes it sound like a tacky chump owned the car but if it is in decent shape you can always "unpimp ze auto"

Comment

Working...
                        X