Shitty iPhone pics of my whip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shitty iPhone pics of my whip

I'm not sure if I've ever posted pics of my car... probably not as I only wash it about twice a year. I decided to give it a quick rinse today, and snap a couple of pics. Excuse the 3GS quality... it is really sunny today in Portland as well.

It's your "run-of-the-mill" 1991 318is in Alpineweiss II. The chassis has 310k miles on it, so it has its fair share of chips and whatnot, but the paint is otherwise in pretty good shape. I recently had the rear spoiler repainted as well. I have a couple cans of Alpine II and I'm going to shoot the front and rear valences when I stop being lazy.

Suspension:
    Bilstein Sports
    H&R 325 Sports
    e90 drop hats
    IE 25/22 sways
    M3 CABs
    Powerflex urethane RSBs
    IE urethane TABs
    solid aluminum diff mount

It's also got 20mm H&R spacers

The interior is pretty much flawless. I purchased a mint passenger seat a while ago, and transferred all of the foam/vinyl onto my driver's seat. All vinyl/bolsters are pretty much perfect.

The M42 has about 3k on a complete rebuild. I have a thread about it in the project section if anyone is interested. I installed the radiator aux fan yesterday... it kicks on when the front aux does.

Mods:
    Mark D 92 octane chip (old 93 map)
    COP
    clutch fan delete
    Mustang 4 pintle injectors
    Euro 323 13lb flywheel

I didn't take a pic of the stereo, but I have a pair of 5.25" Exile components in the front biamped by an a/d/s/ PQ10, and some Eclipse aluminum cone 10" in a Luke Box in the trunk. It works for me and looks stock.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Looks great for 310k miles can't believe the interior. Good work sits perfect.

Comment

Looks very nice!

What fires off the electric fan?

John
      Last edited by harv; 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM.
      The Revolution will not be televised.

Comment

I want you front seats! My IS has comfort seats in leather. Yours looks leather, you sure there vinyl?
        88 Zinno M3

Comment

Looks great Ken, too bad it wasn't at the Picnic this year. I'll have to come check it out sometime.

Comment

looks good!
            No BITCHASSEDNESS!!!
            Werd.:finger:

Comment

very nice
              -Andy

Comment

I like it a lot!

Did you rebuild the M42 yourself, or did a shop do it?
                My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

I can't believe that is 310k. Very nice.
                  Originally posted by z31maniac
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I think some black map pockets and door pulls would really set that interior off, especially with the floormats. (I have multiple sets :) )
                    1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                    1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                    1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                    1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by harv View Post
                      Looks very nice!

What fires off the electric fan?

John
                      I used a relay and tapped into the low-speed wire of the radiator temp switch. My friend that I'm living with right now is an electrical engineer, so I had some help :). I wanted everything to be clean and automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Predzy743 View Post
                        I want you front seats! My IS has comfort seats in leather. Yours looks leather, you sure there vinyl?
                        They're definitely vinyl. The 318is never had leather as an option.

I'm happy with them. They're SUPER durable. Although the get a little hot sometimes, the R12 a/c keeps me cool :)

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                          Looks great Ken, too bad it wasn't at the Picnic this year. I'll have to come check it out sometime.
                          Yeah dude, I had to work AGAIN during the picnic... no "weekends" at the hospital. You'll have to check it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
                            I like it a lot!

Did you rebuild the M42 yourself, or did a shop do it?
                            A local shop did the hone and installed the rings, but I did everything else. It sat in my garage for about three months while I casually worked on it. I owe a lot of gratitude to Darin (CorvallisBMW) as well. He was a major contributer to the project. Check it out in the project section of the forum... there's a ton of info in there.

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                              I think some black map pockets and door pulls would really set that interior off, especially with the floormats. (I have multiple sets :) )

I like the monotone look. The black mats look like new with only a vacuum and tie the black dash to the interior well.

Comment

Working...
                              X