M3 back in the US on new wheels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 back in the US on new wheels!

This will have to serve as a semi-tease for you all now till I get better shots.

Still working out the spacing issues. I'm running 8mm up front, and I'm debating (if possible) running 5mm in the rear.

*** Updated July 24th ***

I got a chance to snap a few shots of the M3 today. We've had some pretty gloomy weather here lately. This was right after a wash don't mind the water drops and rock chips ;)

Last edited by alexw; 07-24-2010, 03:18 PM. Reason: New shots.
    alexw
    (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
    Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Looks good. Did it make it across the pond without incident?

Comment

Did it fly?

Comment

Love those rims

Comment

your rims are the goddamn sex.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

your headrests aren't even... lol looks great man, I need an e30 m3 in my life.

Comment

Definately get spacers for the rear, otherwise a very nice and clean M3 :) seeing where you´re from made me think I need to get my ass to Milwaukee soon, haven´t been there for years !

Comment

Car went by boat. Going to research the spacers.

Appreciate the comments folks. I'll shoot some pics soon, when our weather gets better!
                alexw

Comment

Since your not all that low, you dont have to worry to much about rubbing.
                  But if you want flush wheels, best way I have found out to do it is to hand a string with a weight on the end over the edge of the fender.
                  Then measure from the string to the lip of the wheel. Then convert inches to MM and there ya go.

Comment

Yan?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                      Yan?
                      No, Not Yan.

Though, Yan and I were (Yan still is) in the Air Force, both stationed in Kaiserslautern Germany, both drive E30 M3's, and both have the same birthday (Yan is a year or two older)... And our mom's drive the same cars. True story.
                      alexw

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                        Since your not all that low, you dont have to worry to much about rubbing.
                        But if you want flush wheels, best way I have found out to do it is to hand a string with a weight on the end over the edge of the fender.
                        Then measure from the string to the lip of the wheel. Then convert inches to MM and there ya go.
                        I had 18mm spacers in the rear (left over spacers from the M Systems I was previously running) They were rubbing pretty bad. I'm thinking the max I'd be able to go, just by eyeballing it would be 10mm. I'm thinking of just throwing something small in there, 5-3mm maybe.
                        alexw

Comment

Welcome back to you and the car. What's the specs on the wheels?

L
                          sigpic
                          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                            Welcome back to you and the car. What's the specs on the wheels?

L
                            17x8.5 ET13 all around.
                            alexw

Comment

Looks great! I think with a small spacer it will look better. Glad it made it over here safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X