The wife has new wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife has new wheels.

Finally sealed the deal on a 1987 325es. The car is Alpine White, and rolls on 16" TSW wheels. Zender side skirts and rear spoiler, tinted windows, Magnaflow exhaust, armrest rear seat, aftermarket head and tail lights, and a Mark D chip. Has 189,000 miles, but the top end was rebuilt about 9k ago.

I've had a '73 2002 for six months, and the wife has been looking for a new (to her) car for most of those six months.

Long story short, we found this car in Eugene (about a 45 minute drive from Corvallis), and she immediately fell in love with it. We're now the proud owners.

I don't really have any experience with E30s, but this car has gotten me all hot and bothered, and I now know what my next car will be.

Originally posted by mightywhitey
    WHITE PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM POLAR BEARS AND IRAN.

Just swap the bumpers to euros or US facelift, and eliminate those spoilers.

thanks
    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

These are things that will need to be explained. It's all foreign to me!

Comment

US facelift= bumpers put on e30s made post-88, and will require modification to fit on your car.
        euro=bumpers used on european model e30s.

Your car has a US facelift front bumper, with standard early model rear bumper(diving boards)
        sigpic
        Originally posted by e30hijinks
        I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

What mods are needed to make the rear bumper fit?

The guy we bought it from threw a late model bumper in. My intention was to install it, due to the lack of ugly black plastic, but I wasn't aware that this was a desirable mod. :P

Knowledge is power!

Comment

Also lose the ebay tails and go for stock ones.
            Originally posted by LJ851
            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

http://r3vlimited.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=94

^and the search button will become your friend very quickly.
              sigpic

Comment

Lots of potential and congrats on your first e30. Just lurk around this site for a bit a all the terminology will make sense.

COTM

Comment

You are gonna love this thing.... Yeah def lurk around. Also, visit the "fotostories" on e30.de to see all the different looks there are to an e30. It will at the very least give you some sort of direction.

Dave
                  E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Nice start, if you put the late model rear bumper on and changed the rear lights out, I think it would look pretty good, I'm digging the spoiler for some reason:-)
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Very nice.
                      Everything except the tails.

Originally posted by Janderson
                      you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X