From Ronals, to Bcaps, to new hotness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Ronals, to Bcaps, to new hotness

I decided I couldn't roll around any longer on bottlecaps with shitty tires after I sold my Ronals about a month ago.

Enter the new hotness. I've had my eye on these wheels ever since I bought the Ronals, and Devon told me he'd never sell them, but sure enough he changed his mine and here we are today.

ARE two piece mesh 16x7 et 20(I believe). Sorry for the cell phone pics, I'll get legit ones soon enough.

What the car looked like before I sold the ronals

Getting rid of the terrible bottlecaps, it pained me to have these on here. Front tires are toast but are getting replaced tomorrow.

20mm spacer effectively making it ET0, fenders are rolled but I'm still rubbing slightly all around.

Side shot, I'm really digging the silver this time over black. Although I might go gold in the near future.

As always, thoughts, criticism, comments etc all welcome.
    Last edited by stevofthahill; 07-31-2010, 02:49 PM.

like the silver! looks sweet.
    sigpic

Comment

me likey
      '02 Outback wagon
      '87 325is 5sp
      '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

Wheels look great, a shot with the centercaps maybe?
        Go with gold centers is my two cents.
        Details on valance =]
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
          Wheels look great, a shot with the centercaps maybe?
          Go with gold centers is my two cents.
          Details on valance =]
          Unfortunately these will always be capless unless by some wizardry I stumble across a set. Devon never had the center caps for these. I'm also thinking gold centers would be a great idea.

Valence is legit ACS. Going to pair it with iX skirts and flares, and then finish it off with an ACS rear. Just need to pick up the latter from one of our local members. It's collecting dust in his garage. Wheels were my top priority again.

Comment

like the new look very much.

Comment

Originally posted by constructor View Post
              like the new look very much.
              I'm quite diggin' it myself. It's funny to think that these wheels are more rare than the sought after BBS RS. Not to say the RS is not a desirable wheel, but I'm mostly just glad they're a legit two piece wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
                Valence is legit ACS. Going to pair it with iX skirts and flares, and then finish it off with an ACS rear...
                It's crazy that you'd say that, As I was looking at it I was liking the idea of that valance with a set of ix skirts/flares I'm about to pick up, but acs seems straight out pricey and rare :(

I really like your car :]
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
                  It's crazy that you'd say that, As I was looking at it I was liking the idea of that valance with a set of ix skirts/flares I'm about to pick up, but acs seems straight out pricey and rare :(

I really like your car :]
                  Yes on both account, it was both pricey and is rare. Thankfully AZ roads are "pretty" decent. In the six years of owning my car, I've only lost one iS lip to a retread on the freeway. I just drive carefully and almost never have any issues.

Comment

Sexy, what about a gold lip, chrome center and black bolts?
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Those new wheels can't touch the white, capless, time-attack'd Ronal Teddy Bear's on the digi-camo car.
                      -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Ronal Bears > all
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                          Sexy, what about a gold lip, chrome center and black bolts?
                          I think gold center, black bolts and polished lip would be a good combo.

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                          Those new wheels can't touch the white, capless, time-attack'd Ronal Teddy Bear's on the digi-camo car.
                          sumbitch....

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                          Ronal Bears > all
                          sumbitch x2

Comment

Specs on the wheels. Looks good.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Motorsports View Post
                              Specs on the wheels. Looks good.
                              ARE 398 2 Piece 16x7 ET20

When I first put them on I was ran 20mm spacers in the front and 15mm in the rear. Rubbed everywhere even though my fenders were rolled already. Tires that were on were 225/45/16. Swapped the front tires for a 205/50/16, took the spacers off the rear and threw them in the front. Waiting to burn through the 225's in the rear now, then I'll put the other 205's on and throw my other 15mm on the rear.

Comment

Working...
                              X