• Time
  • Show
Clear All

flares are looking hard Tyler

+++
    ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
      I think once the fronts are on the car will have a cool look going.
      I agree that it will look cool, but I am trying to figure out why flares are needed on this car.

Do Work www.sbeuroclub.com

Comment

dislike
        "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

I don't hate it, but can't say I'm really lovin it either. I think what is throwing me off is that flares belong on atleast 10" wide wheels- and yours are only 7" I think the lack of rubber makes it look a bit odd. With a nice set of really wide wheels it would look great.
          nice work with the fitment btw.

Comment

not many people on the fence about these...
            a lot of love or a lot of hate haha

Originally posted by widebodye30 View Post
            Installation on the flares look very good. Even though the flares are not made for the car you have made them look good. Well executed 2002 fender install on a E30:) BTW are they the ABS ones or our FRP ones?
            def took a lot of work! they are the ABS flares.

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
            I will install mine in the future, soon or late, I will do it!

How did you proceeded for the fuel trap? It seems like you have cut it to clear the trap and added some material to fill the hole correctly...

More on that please!

thanks!

Very nice installation!!
            i first did the cutout then i carved a piece that fit the gap out of PVC... attached the piece... body filler... sand... spray.
            www.tylercoey.com - www.donewhenimdead.com

E36/8 ///M coupe - E36 ///M3 sedan - E30 ///M powered

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
              I don't hate it, but can't say I'm really lovin it either. I think what is throwing me off is that flares belong on atleast 10" wide wheels- and yours are only 7" I think the lack of rubber makes it look a bit odd. With a nice set of really wide wheels it would look great.
              Yeah this. If you had some massive wide wheels with a deep dish under those flares I would be trying to have babbies with your car.
              Jason
              flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                I agree with this statement. It would make the flares actually useful, AND cool hah.

Do Work www.sbeuroclub.com

Comment

Originally posted by rbartongrimley View Post
                  I agree with this statement. It would make the flares actually useful, AND cool hah.
                  the flares are functional...
                  its not super easy to tell on the pic, but if you look at the tire about a half inch before where the tread pattern is leading to the side wall you can see the dug out grooves of my wheel well.

i do agree a nice big lip would look killer in there though.
                  when i get the time/motivation to start the restoration on my RS's i plan on putting an inch bigger lip on the back and staggering the wheels.

Comment

The problem is that you started with wheels that need adapters anyway, because of that your wheels are pushed out neccessitating the flares. However, being only 7" wide you aren't increasing your footprint, and leaving all that unused space between the inside edge of the tire and the strut and inner fenders. I have 7" RSes and don't need flares because they are the correct offset.
                    8"+ wide wheels with a low to negative et along with 225+ series tires would give a lot of sense and function to the flares. Without them I can't quite get into it.

...that said, I really like the rest of the car, and I can dig that down n' dirty functional look.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                      The problem is that you started with wheels that need adapters anyway, because of that your wheels are pushed out neccessitating the flares. However, being only 7" wide you aren't increasing your footprint, and leaving all that unused space between the inside edge of the tire and the strut and inner fenders. I have 7" RSes and don't need flares because they are the correct offset.
                      8"+ wide wheels with a low to negative et along with 225+ series tires would give a lot of sense and function to the flares. Without them I can't quite get into it.

...that said, I really like the rest of the car, and I can dig that down n' dirty functional look.
                      yeah, anything less than 235 series and flares arent 'functional'. they are unnecessary.

Comment

true, i suppose i should hunt down some bigger barrels for the wheels aswell. that should take care of the room back there. i planned to stagger them. maybe an inch on the lip and an inch on the barrel.

Comment

Or just get some faces that don't require adapters and go for a 3" lip ;)
                          Jason
                          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                            Or just get some faces that don't require adapters and go for a 3" lip ;)
                            haha now THAT would be sick!

Comment

...and more user and car-friendly. And it'd probably be cheaper to find new wheels, even RS'es, with the specs you want than to buy and assemble a bunch of new parts. Those barrels and lips get pricey...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

...and more user and car-friendly. And it'd probably be cheaper to find new wheels, even RS'es, with the specs you want than to buy and assemble a bunch of new parts. Those barrels and lips get pricey...
                                ESM 16x9 RS-style, for example. they are like 900 for 16x9 all around. don't go to their website though, its an attack/virus site.

Comment

Working...
                                X