Clear All

• Mike
    replied
    Nasty^^

Leave a comment:

• rav320uk
    replied
    Nice Bulid there Alex.
    Maybe this could be an idea for the M30b35?

Last edited by rav320uk; 01-30-2011, 04:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PedoBearE30
    replied
    that chit is hott i <3 your car

Leave a comment:

• Den_k321
    replied
    looks great man!!! keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Some stuff is starting to go back together now.

Leave a comment:

• Tonys18t
    replied
    need more pics, make with the pics already...

Leave a comment:

• payney8
    replied
    yeah dude. Props for doing something new. Haters gonna hate. Especially when its not mtech2 + bbs. Which seems to be all you see on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Genkboy8o8
    replied
    Dude, your car is too bad@$$. don't listen to what others say, to each their own.

props to you.

Leave a comment:

• hi its me alec
    replied
    This thread does need more pics :D

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
    lol. Of course nobody is going to admit it if they've had issues. When I installed tires there were documented cases of tires unseating themselves, and because of that, we were only allowed to install tires that fell into a specified fitment range for the width of the wheel. Running 60psi+ might keep the tire on the wheel, but tires are not supposed to run that high, and that just introduces other problems. Keep telling yourself whatever you want though. The whole fad is still gay. ;)
    - Me telling myself? Takes 60 psi to keep the tire on the wheel? Naw dude, what kind of moron really does that? Let me talk some more about my personal experience. Stretched tires run factory pressure, sometimes I do +2 or +3 just in case, but that's only because I have low pro 19s. 36 psi all day. Zero problems here; the only people naysaying are those who haven't tried it. Nobody is looking back and saying 'oh man i hated that stretch, it was terrible and so very illegitimate.' It feels perfectly normal unless you take the car to its 80-90% limit. i.e. It's great for daily highway driven stanced out sick whips. Also another tidbit, less contact patch = more weight per square inch of tire = better traction cut in the rain/snow. Try driving an audi in snow with 17x9 square and stretched snow tires. It's pretty insanely fun. 17x7 would be a little better but meh it looks waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. Then drive a Z06 with 305s in the rain for teh lulz. It's like hockey pucks. Or for comparison's sake, the aforementioned audi with a 285 square setup in the rain. I bet you a 225 square would be better wet skidpad than 285. Most people don't think of that so I figure it's worth mentioning.

- Oh and plenty of tires of all sizes unseat themselves for whatever reason, my dad's 540 got brand new michelin pilot sports in factory 17" sizes and the tire unseated itself right away, leaked like a motherfucker and we dealt with it. My e30 has 14" winter bubble tires with 2500 miles on them, and the tire unseated itself on the coldest day of the year, 0 psi, filled back up, no leak. The wheel wasn't bent in either case, but sometimes the bead just leaks or breaks.
    You can say "I told you so" when he shows the car in a ditch with the tire halfway off the rear wheels, but until that starts happening, you've got nothing to go on. Tires are tires, if the bead is sealed and doesn't have a reason to come off, then it won't. It's not like it's inclined to pop off when it hits a nasty pothole, the tire tread and sidewalls absorb the impact and the temporary displacement moves air outward toward the lips and around the tire where no downward force is exerted. If the size isn't extreme enough to break the bead on the inside (i.e. 185 on a 16x11 not being able to stretch the sidewall far enough,) the tire only needs to be seated in the corner where the lip and barrels come together in order to be safe, and at that point you have insane mega stretch. Extreme 'bubbling' of the tire (i.e. 285 on 8.5) is more inclined to make the bead break (and send the tire off the lip of the wheel) than any crazy stretch setup you'll ever see on the forums. I say stretch is the lesser extreme when compared to bubbles of the same extreme.

- Oh and my used 235/35/19 on a 10 inch wheel never leaked once, and I drove on them from September to April without a hiccup or damage, in Minnesota, down the worst highway in the metro area (idk maybe the state (it's ravaged by the freeze/thaw cycle,)) 60 miles daily to work, without even bending a wheel, at the lowest setting my car has ever been. So I hope you know I'm not talking out of my ass by defending this 'fad,' as you put it. Best part is, after that winter I got new lower offset wheels, raised the front end up a little bit more and all is well with the world. I can send you pictures of the slammed car pwning winter on stretched summer 50% tread kumhos if you want to see them.

Cliffs: dislikers gonna dislike. I tried not to pollute this kewl thread with all this emo diatribe of waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesry. But I'm fighting the good fight because I've been doing it for a minute or 2 now, and think it's legit to make nice cars look as "good" as possible without sacrificing too much in the process. If you don't like the way it looks, that's cool, tell me all about the angle of the sidewall and its displeasing features. Tell me it doesn't caress cloverleafs like it used to, and how you think that's a shame, and I wouldn't disagree with you there. But then I would personally say "That's what my track wheels, fully built suspension and adjustable coilovers are for" or similar. OP should let us know what the handling is like with new setup, since the contact patch is still hella bigger than stock and all.
    Last edited by hi its me alec; 01-25-2011, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Iain View Post
    What's the colour?

Paint looks good. This is getting an MT1 kit, yarly?
    Mtech1 Kit yes, Colour is a fiat colour

Leave a comment:

• dirtysix
    replied
    I like everything about it.

Cept that wheel fitment. Yikes.
    Nice work with the guards though.

Leave a comment:

• Deltron Dirty30
    replied
    lol @ the people who are straight up trollin this thread.

Its really not that bad.

Leave a comment:

• euroshark
    replied
    Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
    there isn't one documented case of tire failure 'because of stretch.' i'll defend that to my grave because i really didn't like the look at first either. but you guys are buffoons. there's a fairly large thread on stanceworks, the stretched tire battle fortress, and there are zero people with failure in years and years and years of driving.
    lol. Of course nobody is going to admit it if they've had issues. When I installed tires there were documented cases of tires unseating themselves, and because of that, we were only allowed to install tires that fell into a specified fitment range for the width of the wheel. Running 60psi+ might keep the tire on the wheel, but tires are not supposed to run that high, and that just introduces other problems. Keep telling yourself whatever you want though. The whole fad is still gay. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    What's the colour?

Paint looks good. This is getting an MT1 kit, yarly?

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Here are a few pics I got sent from alex today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X