Newbie introducing myself and my cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie introducing myself and my cars.

Well hello all, My name is Dave im from Harrisburg pa and will be going to school in the Williamsport area. I guess I could start my story with how i ended up with my E30. A good friend who worked 2 miles down the road at a steel recycling yard gave me a call. He said they had just gotten in an older Bmw similar to the one another mutual friend has. This perked my interest so I jumped in the car to go see what he had.

When I arrived I saw a red E30 hanging from a backhoe, being supported by the roof LOL. The car had been rear ended and pushed into the other lane of traffic getting T-boned. This shell was pretty much toast But I asked if it would be possible to get any parts from the car. I was told for $65 dollars i can pick whatever I can get off of it.

Two of my friends were E30 enthusiasts so I had a general idea of what the stuff was worth, and that this deal could not be passed up. Using a cutting torch the entire drive-train was on the ground in about 20 minutes. I also took other odds and ends that were still ok, like one ellipsod light and the ecu.

Well my friends had seen a weak point in me and thought now was the time to pry me away from Japanese cars.They had a found a 90 white 2 door automatic 325i that had suffered a timing belt failure. Since I already had the engine and the guy was willing to trade me for a POS hyundai accent I had picked up to use as a beater it was a no brainer.

I picked the car up and got to work. 1st removing the old bottom end which had some ugly looking bores in it due to the head being off for such a long time. Then came the manual swap, I had the tranny anyway haha. I also installed borbet Cf's and vogtland springs to get her looking decent. Im constantly trying to improve it but here is what I have so far.
    Attached Files
    Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
    Contact Bimmerbuddies for all your Parts and service needs
    M20,24V,5spdSwap,Weld,Fab,Tow,Buy/Sell/Trade
    Bimmerbuddies LLC
    717-388-1256
    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057

*Ask about discounts for R3V members*

My other headache:Evo ix MR
    Buschur stage 3 head
    Built 2.0
    1000cc injectors
    modified walboro
    63mm 73lb/min custom turbo
    supporting mods (intercooler exhasut...)
    exedy twin disc HD clutch
    the last time the car was on the dyno was 2 shortblocks ago and it made 607whp the setup is relatively unchanged from that tho
    Attached Files
    Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
    Bimmerbuddies LLC
    717-388-1256

Comment

nice dude. best thing you can do is stick around on r3v and read read read!

Comment

Welcome to R3v. and nice ride
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by 20gmr View Post
          Buschur stage 3 head
          Built 2.0
          1000cc injectors
          modified walboro
          the last time the car was on the dyno was 2 shortblocks ago and it made 607whp the setup is relatively unchanged from that tho
          My friend has essentially the same setup, except in a 03 Evo. I think he put down 609awhp. Ful built engine done at Pruven, alcohol injected. HTA35r I think. Regardless, it's insanity.
          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
            My friend has essentially the same setup, except in a 03 Evo. I think he put down 609awhp. Ful built engine done at Pruven, alcohol injected. HTA35r I think. Regardless, it's insanity.
            I hope you dont mean pruven performance in Milford, CT....
            Originally posted by HarryPotter
            not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
            Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Two shortblocks later? Damn DSMs still pop engines left and right. Nice find on the E30. Far too many automatics were made.

Comment

Originally posted by 20gmr View Post
                Buschur stage 3 head
                Built 2.0
                1000cc injectors
                modified walboro

you must know who big Al is aka dynoflash " Buschur power bro! "
                :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
                  To tell the truth i kick myself in the ass daily for ever touchign the motor. The car was way more reliable with about 520whp stock everything except turbo and and clutch!
                  Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
                  Bimmerbuddies LLC
                  717-388-1256

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
                    Two shortblocks later? Damn DSMs still pop engines left and right. Nice find on the E30. Far too many automatics were made.
                    Agreed they share alot in common but an evo never was a DSM. and the 1st motor was a machining error, 2nd one still has me scratchen my head tho.

And yeah I would not still own the car if it was auto, I have been offered money for it several times but for what I have invested in the car and what I would get for it it makes no sense for me to try and replace it right now.
                    Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
                    Bimmerbuddies LLC
                    717-388-1256

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
                      you must know who big Al is aka dynoflash " Buschur power bro! "
                      haha yeah I do but ppl in the evo community don't even care enough to talk about him anymore im sure no one here wants to LOL
                      Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
                      Bimmerbuddies LLC
                      717-388-1256

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
                        Welcome!

I hope you dont mean pruven performance in Milford, CT....

My thoughts exactly....
                        -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                          My thoughts exactly....
                          I never heard good things about them either. Thats all the evo scene is tho...bad mouthing other shops, thats why this is a nice change.......except im nervous about this being too close to VW scene for me.....I can't stand skinny jeans or anything hella flush hahaha.

Have you ever heard of tach motor works? they are in long island, i just spent way more time with those guys than i ever wanted too. This is my buddies car that me and his cousin put together.
                          It was a pleasure tuning 'the pizzaman's' evo... Another 9 second beast is alive!
                          Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
                          Bimmerbuddies LLC
                          717-388-1256

Comment

Nice MR btw. My friend has one just like it a 9 MR, but the motor kept blowing lol. He forged the internals, ran a FP Green popped it, rebuilt it, and so on lol. He gave up, grabbed an E30 and he's hasn't had a problem since!

Welcome to the R3V community, trust me, you'll love your E30 to death and you'll never go back to JDM again lol.
                            1972 2002Tii

Comment

welcome you will like it here, the most friendly people and smart people. If you have any question about your E30, just ask there is always someone in here that has the answer. At least most of the time:)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X