First E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First E30

I recently purchased a Salmon Silver 1987 325 coupe, 2.7 stroker engine (super eta), Manual (of course) :D. This may be my first e30 but I'm not new to the e30 scene. A friend of mine also owns a e30 and after seeing how much potential e30's have I decided to buy one. :) Though I have been having problems with the car trying to start it up in the morning, and bad water leaks in the rear wells where the battery and the jack is located, other than that it works great when it works.

Pictures Click to Enlarge ( I bought the car without the rims, rolling on stock weaves)

Last edited by supkev; 12-21-2010, 11:29 PM.

you're better off, those wheels weren't really suited for the car anyways..

looks like a good start! throw a turbo on it and make use of that lower compression from the super eta stroker

Comment

Thanks man! yea its a good platform already, but I wish I had money for a turbo...gahh sucks to be a broke student going to PCC :[ but for sure.

Comment

looks like a good start! welcome

Comment

nice! you should check the grommet. thats why i also get water where the jack is.
          ]

Comment

Thanks bro, Will check that out and check the tail light gasket. I heard its quite a common problem for Metal bumper e30's but my friend said a solution's was to drill holes.

Comment

First e30 I've seen where I liked the halos... maybe it's the color of the car?

Great start... mtech valence helps.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

hey, nice looking car. did you buy the way it is now or did you do anything to it?
                With the water leaks i have the same problem. I read that you have to check the grommet as said before or check the rear left tail light because that seal sometimes goes bad.

Comment

clean car dude, welcome to the socal lifestyle ;)

Comment

With a plastic bumper in the rear and an mtech II valence it would look great. I love the color.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
                      you're better off, those wheels weren't really suited for the car anyways..

looks like a good start! throw a turbo on it and make use of that lower compression from the super eta stroker

What do you know lier! haha kool car tho and don't listen to Jesse :D.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

is that valance from dannys car?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

what suspension?

Comment

suspension is Bilistien Sport, with Eibach pro lowering kitl.

Comment

Thanks ya'll, hopefully will see some of ya around if you are in my area.

Comment

Working...
                              X