Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie with '88 318i Sedan from Brunei! (Lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with '88 318i Sedan from Brunei! (Lots of pics)

Hi E30 people! I'm new around here so I'll try my best to interact on this forum. I'm a 17 year old, btw. And yes, that does mean I don't pay for the car. My dad is. :P I'm looking forward to share my car with you guys. It wasn't my first choice though. Wanted a 325i with a 5-speed but that's pretty hard to come-by in Brunei. It's all the autotragics here. But I've been thinking of getting a coupé though. I'll just have to go with the auto. Yay or nay?

Oh, btw. Brunei is this small little country in Borneo if you guys were wondering. My 318i isn't much though, I got the car on the cheap here about B$3,400? That's about $2,600 USD. Now that I think about it, it sounds pretty expensive. :???: So, this is my '88 318i 5-speed. M-tech II replica? Not so sure. Just need some fog lights to complete the look!

My baby when I got it. This was during it's first maintenance check-up! Still in cheap maroon paint.

Side view with crappy cheap rims on. These rims are now just there lying outside the house. And oh, the guy who previously owned it might be crazy. He painted the window sills and door handles. Heck, he also painted the car key slot. I can't even. Lucky that he didn't paint the chrome trim!

The M40B18! Still wish it was an M20 though..:(

The car when it was getting painted. It took about 3 weeks to finish. Was a long wait, but worth it!

Shiny front grills I got from the neighbouring country, Miri.

This was when the car was getting it's dashboard filled in and stereo replaced. Notice the exhaust? It's not meant for the 318. Hopefully it won't be there for too long.

The car when it was FINALLY at home. Love this view. :D

The existing grill was crap. It was broken and painted over with matte silver paint. So, I decided to just get it painted black. Turned out good.

A few weeks later or so, I got my rims. Wanted to get BBS reps but they were in grey. Didn't want to paint it 'cause it'll be a hassle for my dad. Got these instead. It looks like the CSL rims on the E46 but smaller. 17" on the E30 looks alright.

The finished product so far~

If you notice, you'll see my dad's E36 328i Cabriolet. It's imported from the UK. My dad got it for his birthday in '95. He wanted to get the E36 M3 but I don't know why he changed his mind. Oh, he ordered in full M3 spec though! Will post more pictures of that soon!

And this is how it currently how it looks like!

I am hoping to get some feedback from you guys. I'd love it if you guys could suggest what else to do with my car. Hehe. Enjoy!

Nice car. If your going to keep those wheels, i think you need some spacers and lower it. That wheel gap needs attention asap. Welcome aboard!

COTM

Comment

If you're unhappy with your 318i auto, maybe go borrow one of the Sultan's 100+ Ferraris? ;)

j/k, Welcome to R3v! The car looks great, good choice on the color change and the wheels. All it needs now is to be a bit lower and it's perfect!
      Last edited by CorvallisBMW; 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

nicee paint job.
        1972 2002Tii

Comment

Nice color change. Your grill/headlight alignment looks off

]Real sht

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
            Nice car. If your going to keep those wheels, i think you need some spacers and lower it. That wheel gap needs attention asap. Welcome aboard!
            This would make it look great. The wheels are really good looking for ones that have no lip.

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
              Hmm. How big of a spacer do I need? Rear or Front? Btw, thanks! I feel welcomed. :)

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                If you're unhappy with your 318i auto, maybe go borrow one of the Sultan's 100+ Ferraris? ;)

j/k, Welcome to R3v! The car looks great, good choice on the color change and the wheels. All it needs now is to be a bit lower and it's perfect!
                I wish I could. LOL. He has an array of Alpina E34's around. There was this one time I saw an abandoned Hartge and Alpina E34 in some bushes near a private workshop. Assume it's the royals.

Thanks! I like the color as well. Oh and will try getting H&R springs for it. Just need a little convincing to let my dad get it. :P

Comment

Originally posted by bp9129 View Post
                  Nice color change. Your grill/headlight alignment looks off
                  Thanks man. And yes, the grill is actually broken. My mechanic just quick-fixed it. Looking for a replacement might take awhile.

Comment

Welcome, thats a sweet car.
                    sigpic
                    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                      This would make it look great. The wheels are really good looking for ones that have no lip.
                      Thanks! I thought so too! Just need spacers for a little more stance. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                        Welcome, thats a sweet car.
                        Thanks! Appreciate it. :)

Comment

Love the new color!
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                          This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post
                            Love the new color!
                            Thanks! Quick question, is it grey enough to look like the original Delphin Grey?

Comment

Its kinda tough to say how much spacing you are gonna need without it lowered but if lowered correctly, im thinking at least 10mm in back but its prolly gonna take 15mm. 10mm may be ok in front. When I first was wondering about how much I needed, I made a spacer outta wood and used a jack to settle the suspension.

COTM

Comment

Working...
                              X