Big guy in little e30's....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big guy in little e30's....

well been on here awhile and realized i never made one of these..

to start off i fell in love with bmw's ever since my first e30 years ago ..it was an 86 burgandy 4 door eta 5 speed...i effing loved that car drove the hell ot of it and loved every min of it...sadly i sold it cheap to a friend and it took awhile before i bought another...that said fast forward to a year ago..

i had just moved to florida to start life over...told myself when i can buy another car it WILL be a bmw...and it was.

not bad for an auto tragic non-lsd

well i had plans for it..all of which got crushed between having to live in the car for a few weeks then having 2 jobs and always working..sadly she started getting worn out and a oil cooler line split coating my right front tire in oil and was followed by me sliding off the road during a bad rainstorm

so while i fixed the line i pulled the front clip off and also yanked the a/c system out

replaced the front clip with hood and fenders from a black car and painted my grill/light surrounds and the crome brackets that hold the lights into the buckets

and here is how she sits currently

sadly between the salvage title, the rust that started from shoddy repair work (which caused the salvage title) and my windshield being cracked an a wheel bearing making some loud noises..she wont be getting another dime of my money into her..so i picked this up

89 red on black coupe its auto also but will be getting a 5 speed swap n the future..also had a timing belt snap so i got it cheap..plans are to swap the head from the bronzit (was rebuilt right before i got the car) into the coupe ..

then as i drive it fix anything that needs fixing..add in a set of billie sports and hr springs and a staggard set of type a's and have a really nice driver

will post more pics of it once its home..

the bronzit will either be sold to a friend as a roller for a drift beater or parted and scrapped..

soooooo jealous of 89 red on black. i've been searching for one of those forever.

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
    1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

its pretty nice i know the last 2 owners (both owned it with in the last year) told both of them to do the timing belt or its gonna snap ..and they said nah it ll be fine...then i got a call from the second owner asking if i had a good head..

it was like 2 months ago i offered to buy it he said make an offer so i said 700 and he took it..

now i prolly over paid a bit considering its an auto and snapped the timing belt but the body and interior is clean as hell so to me its worth it ..especially since down here non enthusiasts tend to think their e30s are worth a ton of money

Comment

Hahaha well get the damn red one going already bro. I did some work today on mine. I am looking for some plastic bumpers . Damn red E30's are taking over SW florida LOL.

Comment

well i would kill for a FL car for $700 lol all i got here is rust bucket m10 318s for $700

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
          1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

Let me know if/when you part the bronzit
            87 (OO=[][]=OO) 325iS

Originally posted by mkcman17
            My car is powered by hopes and dreams

Comment

will do man...thats prolly what will happen ..ill take the bits i wanna keep then offer it up so other e30's can continue on moving then scrap the carcass lol...anything specific ya wanted?

Comment

can't wait for more pics man...
                Originally posted by TimKninja
                Racelands are cheap shit.
                Originally posted by whodwho
                So are r3v members
                Originally posted by Cabriolet
                dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastm50 View Post
                  can't wait for more pics man...

lol of the red one? yeah hopin to get it to my house after my trip to minnesota and ill be taking a shit load of pics

Comment

Originally posted by bimmershark View Post
                    will do man...thats prolly what will happen ..ill take the bits i wanna keep then offer it up so other e30's can continue on moving then scrap the carcass lol...anything specific ya wanted?
                    Sunroof cover off the top of my head, mine just isn't there. I'm not even sure how to remove/install it.
                    87 (OO=[][]=OO) 325iS

Originally posted by mkcman17
                    My car is powered by hopes and dreams

Comment

well a quick update now..then a better one later as i get pics organized for my red coupe..

the bronzit one is still running like a champ..it just wont die...i am slowly coming around to maybe dropping a couple of bucks in some parts for it and just keep driving it..

now considering its my beater...and its not a nice pretty e30..i thought id have some fun with it...

at the local weds car meet me and some friends threw on some cheap-o "rally" lights to the front..along with some digital camo duct tape on the sides of the hood....the camo serves no purpose what so ever but its what ever like i said its my beater i have hauled a m20 in it along with an auto tranny at one point...

like i said its a beater has rust etc so i am just having fun with it ..i am considering finding some stock struts and springs so it sits higher and throwing some sweet naked lady mud flaps on it ... joking of course :shifty

Comment

Haha not bad! The camo tape looks better than the rust and chalkboard hoods ive seen on here

Comment

lol yeah it was def not a planned out thing but i figure its my beater why not have fun with it..i would never do this to a nice decent e30 but said f it its on the cheap ..

Comment

Working...
                          X