No announcement yet.

Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now back to the cycle of tarbo, then ref then removal, then LSx, then blower.

Comment

Probably will just skip to blower in a few years time, after paint, and a house. ;)

Comment

I have nothing new to report.

Comment

Turbo. So easy on 24v.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

What's done to your motor?

Bimmerworld intake + injectors + 3.5inch MAF? A nice little gain...?
            Originally posted by z31maniac
            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

13lb Fidanza flywheel, 21.5lb injectors, and Turner tune. Otherwise it is stock. I also have a TRM tune I'm going to swap in at some point. Maybe I'll dyno them back to back.

Comment

Ninjas. Factory, OEM engine ninjas. Installed by a one legged mechanic from Blenheim. With uber rare LTW ninja keepers.

Comment

I have hollow carbon fiber aircraft rivets to mount my flywheel to the engine to save weight and rev up faster.

Comment

You like that 13lb wheel? My buddy has the lighter one and he says it's a little much, but I think he may have gone for the 8.5lb one? That's a common one, right?

Anyway that bimmerworld intake + larger MAF sounds so awesome that's almost worth it alone...
                    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Annnnnnddd...

Ninjas.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                        You like that 13lb wheel? My buddy has the lighter one and he says it's a little much, but I think he may have gone for the 8.5lb one? That's a common one, right?

Anyway that bimmerworld intake + larger MAF sounds so awesome that's almost worth it alone...

Its a nice flywheel. I have A/C in my car and it very seldom dies when coming to a stop with it on. Otherwise the idle is just like stock. I'm thinking of going back to the bigger maf and boot. Too bad I sold it to RobertK.

Comment

Okay so two issues with my car right now. My unloader relays do not work. I currently have k5 and k7 jumpered with a wire to get the windows and aux fan/blower motor to work. Problem is they are constantly hot. The battery will drain. I saw a post by Nando that I can ground pin 15 of the c101 to bypass the unloader relays. He won't answer my PM. Can anyone else verify?

Second issue is the car has absolutely no midrange. I have had the VANOS unit replaced with a Dr. Vanos unit by RyanGMW. Still have no midrange. the car is gutless until about 4500 rpms. I'm leaning toward VANOS solenoid but I have no check engine light. Kyle (Surebimmer) suggested replacing coils. Thoughts?

Comment

Easy enough to see i it's coils. Remove the connectors to them one by one with the engine running. If you hear the engine note change, the coil is good. If there is not change, there is a problem with that coil, boot or plug. Or something else with the cylinder...

Good luck!
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                            #teamross
                            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Engine has no feel of a misfire. Also idles very well. It pulls smoothly but with a distinct lack of power in the mid range.

Comment

As I mentioned that's not what my car was doing when a couple coils went bad... but then cars often show multiple kinds of symptoms.

Drove my friends car with the ford injectors, larger MAF, OBD1 IM, and 8.5lb flywheel... I don't know how these cars left the factory any other way. Really wakes them up. :)
                                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                                X