Introduction, New to R3V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction, New to R3V

Hey everyone, new to the forum, thought I would introduce myself & my E30. This is my 3rd E30 over the years, but like my 10th BMW, so I'm not a complete noob ;) I'm looking forward to getting involved here, especially pertaining to motorsports & competition, as that has been my passion for almost 20 years.

I picked this car up a little over a year ago as a commuter, it's a rare slick-top 91 318i 4-door with factory 4.10 limited slip. Other than a few dings, this car is pretty clean & original, with an almost flawless interior. I'm just now starting to upgrade it, I'm planning to transform it in to a light-weight canyon-carver/occasional BMWCCA Class-A autocrosser without sacrificing it's daily-driver/commuter abilities. On the menu are light 15x8s with 225/45 RS3s, either Konis or Billies with H&R race springs, big bars, custom exhaust, Mark D chip, etc. I will update this post as I go along through the build, my goal is to provide an easy-to-duplicate alternative to the traditional FWD Honduh. When done it will be an in-expensive 30 MPG RWD commuter that also handles incredibly, is a great joy to drive, & can also win weekend competitions.

I have autocrossed competitively in a variety of cars with the SCCA, but mostly in Miatas for the past 5 years or so. I'm in a borrowed Miata this season for National events, but I'm watching the proposed street touring re-organization very closely because I really want to build a competitive E30...either my current 318i, or possibly a 325is. Most feel they cannot be competitive in the SCCA, I want to prove them wrong

Here is a picture of my car currently, the wheels/tires/suspension will be going on the car in the next week, more updates to follow! Take care everyone, thanks for reading!
    Attached Files
    Mark Scroggs

1985 528e 5-spd Cosmosblau
    1988 325i/a 4D Bronzitbeige
    2013 Ford Focus ST SCCA GS #49
    2013 VW Tiguan SE 4-Motion

Past
    1989 325i 2D Zinnoberrot
    1991 318i 4D Alpinweiss
    1987 325is Alpinweiss
    1986 325es Zinnoberrot
    1989 325is Diamantschwarz

Drag racing is for fast cars....
    Autocrossing is for fast drivers!

Welcome!
    Looks like a great start, especially with the slicktop and mint interior. It seems like you know your stuff...looking forward to seeing the progress on this one.
    1988 325i Vert
    1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Working...
    X