My first e30, also my first car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first e30, also my first car!!!

Well, I finally got it! after about a year of patiently waiting, I found a red 1991 318is for 1600$.

I bought it about a month ago, The week after I bought it a truck rear ended me and his insurance paid me a brand new rear bumper :D, I repaired the intake boot (t'was causing idle problems) and sealed the power steering hoses tight so it wouldn't leak everyfuckingwhere. I repaired the speedo and the fuel consumption thing. All this for, wait for it; 0$. Oh and the sunroof seals were fooked up so I heated them and reshaped them now they work great.

One day i wanted to repair my tweeter housing and when I closed my passenger door the back (rear "windshield") exploded, one of two repairs that cost money (total 50$)
    the second is an air filter (mahle, don't know if that counts as a repair though) this is not counting fuel and all fluids changed (oil twice in two days, the guy found out he didn't have the right oil filter so gave me a free oil change the next day and a new filter)

Here are some pics, the guy in my car is my buddy, Oli, yes I know, but I trust him, hehe. sorry for it being dark in some.

By burton2010 at 2011-03-07

When I'm done with it it'll look like this:

Thought this looked cool too:

Why aren't my heat and fan knob lights working?

Things I gonna do include:
    -H&R Race with billie sports
    -z4 2.5 shifter with ZHP knob
    -is lip
    -Chip, not sure if I wanna be a dick and get a proformance yet
    -15" ronals probably with 205/50/15 tires
    -Full tan vinyl interior (keeping the black door pulls) gonna stain the carpet black

All of this is what I want, now, it might change in the future :p. And so it starts
    Last edited by e30BMart; 03-07-2011, 03:15 PM.

How did you repair speedo and fuel gauge? New cluster? My tachometer, odometer, and fuel gauge don't work.

Comment

nice pick up dude.. enjoy the m42 is so much win!!!
      sigpic
      HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
      " enjoy the show "

Comment

looks nice. try to keep it in 1 piece.

Comment

Don't worry I consider myself a good driver. Better than a lot of adults I I rode with hehe :P. I'm hearing a "clacking" noise in the engine bay (timing chain? D: ) I'll post up a vid of the sound tomorrow for you guys.

Comment

Congrats to another Montrealer!

Clacking noises = your valves usually need to be adjusted.

M20s don't have timing chains, they have belts :p

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post

the stance on this thing is fuckin GNARLY
              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by couch.lock View Post
                How did you repair speedo and fuel gauge? New cluster? My tachometer, odometer, and fuel gauge don't work.
                Most often than not it's just the connectors going into the diff that are corroded by years of wear and tear. It's not really protected by anything but the rubber sleeving. replace the wire up to where it is firmly anchored onto the chassis, should fix both the speedo and the fuel consumption calculator. If not it might be your sensor (very rare) or something in your cluster (also rare)

PS: I didn't feel like changing the whole wire (20cm) because I saw were it was corroded so I just took the sleeving off until I hit good wire, soldered a new bit of wire on and wrapped it with electrical tape... Did the job. everything works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy348 View Post
                  Congrats to another Montrealer!

Clacking noises = your valves usually need to be adjusted.

M20s don't have timing chains, they have belts :p
                  It's a 318is = m42b18 = timing chain = you fail, nice try though :p
                  I don't think it sounds like the valves

Comment

Originally posted by couch.lock View Post
                    I have a thread in the random fs section for regeared speedos
                    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Z4 suck! Get uuc if you want a good SS. GL on trying to find euro weaves that are in good shape. Ahhhhh.....I remember my first e30, it was the summer of 2001 and.....:/
                      Haha jk
                      sigpic

Comment

Would u wanna possibly trade black for tan interior? Lol

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                          Would u wanna possibly trade black for tan interior? Lol
                          What do you mean? My interior is cloth! If you have black vinyls and want to trade for cloth I want pics haha

Comment

Originally posted by 808e30325i View Post
                            Z4 suck! Get uuc if you want a good SS. GL on trying to find euro weaves that are in good shape. Ahhhhh.....I remember my first e30, it was the summer of 2001 and.....:/
                            Haha jk
                            Z4 is DA SHITZ man you wack. it sits lower (awesome) + ZHP = even lower = (awesomer). It's not too notchy. I'll get back on here when I actually try it out though xD

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post

+1 I want mine looking like that too lol. props to who ever owns that.

Nice pick up dude, made me wish I would of waited to buy mine.
                              sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Working...
                              X