'91 325is Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 325is Build

Hey guys, Rob here from Philadelphia. Just picked up this beautiful E30 325is from Willow Grove, PA (30 mins outside of the city). The vehicle does have a salvage title due to incorrect odometer reading and engine rebuild, but I did pick it up for only $500.

It seemed as if the previous owner was very passionate about his car and BMW's, particularly the E30 and E34, but was unaware of it's value.

Schwarz on tan
    Heated Seats
    Sunroof
    Central Locking
    Borbet (15") H-types w/ Hankooks

There were several issues with the car, some of which have been tended to in the recent weeks.

Some of the issues include:

1.) Trunk Lock broken -Fixed (Courtesy of PelicanParts.com)
    2.) High pitched whine in 2nd Gear - Fixed (transmission fluid flush)
    3.) Clunking from rear - Fixed (rear shock mounts replaced)
    4.) Broken Wiper - Fixed
    5.) Very dirty interior - Fixed (full interior detail)
    6.) Exterior Paint in need of full detail - Coming Soon...
    7.) 3rd gear jam -
    8.) Cracked dash
    9.) Broken Cluster
    10.) Missing front IS Lip - Ordered (Courtesy of BluntTech)
    11.) Missing passenger side window trim
    12.) White double pin stripe - Removed

I think this car has a lot of potential. As issues get fixed I will update this list and hopefully not adding to it as time passes.

Here are some photos of her and what has been done so far. Hope you guys enjoy!\
    [/COLOR]

UPDATE:

I received the front IS lip, replaced the window trim for $10. I also picked up a crack free dash for $50. Things are starting to look good! I found a rebuilt M20 w/ a fresh Getrag 260. The engine has all service records, dating back to the date of purchase from a local BMW dealership (formally known as Don Rosen BMW). The one which really sold me was the $1500 invoice from Bavarian Motorsports, when the bottom end was rebuilt. Last summer the top end was rebuilt.

I have updated the thread with more photos including ones from the 1st half of the swap process. Hope you all enjoy it

Week of Purchase:

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by GlossWorks_325is; 03-25-2011, 10:46 PM.

Shock Mounts Replaced

Ordered "Lifetime" E30 Rear Shock Mounts Courtesy of BimmerWorld.Com

$39.99 for the pair and $19.99 for the gaskets (optional but recommended)

The install was fairly easy with the assistance from my friend Steve (Username: Butters) and Nigel. Took about an hour and well worth it. I noticed a huge difference the ride and of course the loud clunking was gone.

Full Suspension still in the works...

Old suspension mounts-

Last edited by GlossWorks_325is; 03-25-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Car has lots of potential. Congrats on the pick up.
      sigpic

Comment

Full Interior Clean

When I picked this car up the interior was filthy. Equipped with a Motorola cradle from the early 90's and dirt most likely from the 90's. Luckily nothing could mask the original scent of BMW leather.

The seat tracks were rusted and the carpeting was in need of a full scrub down.

I began by removing the drivers side and passenger seats. Vacuuming was made easy with my shop vac which also came handy during the scrub down.

I then sprayed the carpeting down with Oxy Clean and let it sit for 10 mins. Followed by a decent size brush and Murphy's Oil. Yes ... I said it... Murphy's oil. Takes out everything!

Before:

After:

Last edited by GlossWorks_325is; 03-26-2011, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Wow impressive job on the carpet! Subscribed.

Comment

Let the Swap Begin....

Last Sunday I purchased a Bavarian Specialties Rebuilt M20 & Getrag260 w/ all accessories.

I decided to save myself $1500 and do the swap myself with some help from my friends. This is our first time doing a swap, but we are all fairly knowledgable of cars, wiring, and mechanics. My friend Steve is a mechanical engineer while my friend Nigel works part time for his fathers electrical contract company... and me... well i just know numbers.

Phase 1:

I started off my cleaning out my garage, organizing all the necessary tools, and laying a large tarp down under the car. I found this to be very helpful it keep the area clean and neat. Lets just say theres a lot of loose debris under a 21 year old car.

We all have hectic schedules during the week with school, work, and for Nigel .. his girlfriend. So last week we got together at my house from about 9pm-1am and got as much done as possible. Taking our time with everything and evaluating what we had to do before doing it was key. There's so much going on in that engine bay, its unreal.

Here are some photos so far:

Pretty Nasty....

Old Engine

Hallmark moment :D

Comment

Working...
            X