New guy.. heres my build 90 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy.. heres my build 90 325i

I have been on this forum for a while now and back and forth between hondas and e30's for a few years. I recently picked up a 90 325i with a broken timing belt. I was hoping for the best and that I would just have to put a new belt on and go but instead I had about 3 bent valves and some of the casting broke that holds those 2 rods in the head. After I couldn't find a cheap m20 head anywhere local I decided to start looking for a swap. Found a m50 at a local yard and got to work researching on google. here is the progress from stock so far..

horrible pictures I know

stock strut housings
    [URL=http://img850.imageshack.us/i/e30suspesion4.jpg/][/URL

after I cut out 3"

thats it for now. i should be picking up my motor this week and i have wheels on order but they are taking a while to be made.

diamond racing steelies in white
    16x8 0 offset 205/40/16
    16x10 0 offset 205/40/16 wish i would have done more research and got a 215/45

heres my swap thread if anyone has any good wiring info relating to a 525i harness and a 90 325i

Good luck with that project.
    WTB E30. Right now $1500+ Vert or 4 door only.

Price range will increase every month.

Comment

Get ready for some fender work with that rear offset for the wheel width chosen man.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by jeffSDguy View Post
        Good luck with that project.
        thanks?

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Get ready for some fender work with that rear offset for the wheel width chosen man.

oh im ready.

Comment

what shocks did you use?
          Originally posted by Lof8
          Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

Those steelies should look pimp, keep up the good work !

Comment

G60's

Comment

on my way out to go get my engine. be back in a couple hours i hope

Comment

Good luck, Love Alpine E30's.

Comment

so i got my engine out. it was a pain but the ending cost was 215 for the complete longblock, even got the ecu for fee because i forgot it was in my tool bag... or did i? anyway its a 413 red label. i hacked up the e34 engine harness and im going back to get a e36 harness. i do have a question though. can i run a non vanos ecu in a vanos motor?
                    Last edited by 2poor2tune; 03-17-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

engine with one spray of purple power and rinse. more will be done later i was in a hurry

on the way to pay for it..
                      [URL=http://img855.imageshack.us/i/m50junkyard.jpg/]
                      kinda cleaned up..
                      [URL=http://img402.imageshack.us/i/m50driveway.jpg/]

Comment

damnnnn i got lucky today. the only e36 in the junk yard and it has a non vanos motor with harness and ecm just waiting for me to pull it. here all that i got for 75 bucks

engine harness, matching ecm, the correct oil cap, e36 engine bracket arms, little elbow off the throttle body, and thermostat housing that i needed.

Comment

Wow looks just like my car sitting in the garage same color and everything also awaiting an m50 swap. Good luck with your project.
                          Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
                          I don silk gloves and place them into a sacred envelope made of magic and lined with Unicorn fur, seal the envelope with an adhesive made from strands of Gypsy hair and wrap the whole thing in a snazzy looking faux gold leaf paper, with elm leaf inlay from Costco. Unfortunately, by the time it gets to you, all of that fancy stuff will likely have been picked clean by the greedy postal service employees. Please don't be surprised to see just a plain envelope.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestar22 View Post
                            what shocks did you use?
                            i'm carious too :D
                            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by lonestar22 View Post
                              what shocks did you use?
                              Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                              i'm carious too :D
                              Volkswagen corrado struts.

Comment

Working...
                              X