Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First E30 - 318is

Update April 2014

Wow. I can't believe I have owned this car for 3 years now. I have had so many good times in it and it still delivers. I feel excited every time I drive it.

As far as updates go, I haven't really modded the car with the exception of my new M Tech 1 steering wheel and my frankenstein Houndstooth.

Here are a few photos.

OLD March 2011
    Hello all, I'm new to the forum and to BMW . So far I'm loving this car and it handles very well. It's a 1991 318is sterlingsilber-metallic. Tell me what you think!

I think a previous owner tried to put a wing on it. I don't know what else the bolts on the trunk would be for.

Some pics:

February 2012

My new eBa... I mean DTM exhaust

My OBC spontaneously decided to function again.

Washed a couple pounds of salt off today.

Added:
    New tailights
    New OEM back seat
    New OEM shift knob
    New vacuum lines
    New spark plugs/wires
    New OEM Front Bumper

Need:
    Fogs
    Suspension
    Fenders
    Bumper support
    Exhaust system
    Sport Seat reupholstered
    A plethora of parts I cant even list
    Last edited by SSE30; 03-11-2016, 02:04 PM.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

looks nice, and ya the bolts look def big wing!! enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by lostininglewood View Post
      looks nice, and ya the bolts look def big wing!! enjoy!
      Thank you . Haha , unfortunately if I take the bolts out there will be holes in my trunk :|

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

Nice car.
        Sought after color, etc..

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I would've bought it too. Nice find!
          -Nick
          Originally posted by 87e30
          First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            Nice car.
            Sought after color, etc..
            Thanks , I think the color might be the best part about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
              I would've bought it too. Nice find!
              Thank you ! The previous owner had some debt and needed to get rid of it . The car even came with all of the original dealer papers , manuals , etc .

Comment

nice find man. car looks good mine is the same color only way way worse as far as paint goes.
                rub it down, and take care of that paint.

Comment

congrats nice score. How rusty is it?
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Thanks guys . The rust really isn't that bad , just some on the bottom of the doors (like in the pic ) . The paint is also good , but a little scratched on the roof and trunk.

Comment

Does anyone know what causes the little overlapping circles in the paint?

Comment

Any plans for the car? Are you just using it as a DD, or are you going to start modding? From what I can tell, it already looks lowered.

Also, there is a whole forum dedicated to this engine/car: www.m42club.com

If you wanted to look into some mods, I would definitely consider:
                        Mark D Chip.. pretty much plug and play.. will run about $200 or you can buy a used one. I think there is one on m42club right now, actually.

Remove the mess under the intake - pretty much replacing and rerouting some major coolant lines that most likely are rotted under your intake. Honestly, one of the best maintenance things I've done.

Electric fan - replaces the clutch fan.

Coil on plug kit - this is also from a seller on m42 club, but I think he's on here too? Amazing quality COP kit, new wires.. amazing.

You've got a lot of resources here, make sure to use them - especially the search function.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.
                        My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Congrats on your 1st. I too have a sterling and I was able to bring back the paint a bit. check my sig on what I did.

COTM

Comment

Nice find!! Great looking car. Like it was mentioned above, plenty of Intel and know how on this forum and M42Club. Good luck with it and keep us posted on your progress... ;)
                            91 318IS :p
                            02 330CI ;)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
                              If you wanted to look into some mods, I would definitely consider:
                              Mark D Chip.. pretty much plug and play.. will run about $200 or you can buy a used one. I think there is one on m42club right now, actually.
                              +1

I just added a Mark D chip last week. It definitely gives the M42 some added pep. My car feels completely different as a result.

Good luck and congrats! Looks like you got a hell of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X