New to the forum, so here's my e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum, so here's my e30

My name is Adam and I am new to the whole e30 realm, but I am learning quickly. I may have questions and many will probably be stupid but like I said, I am learning. So I have an all stock 85 318i with big plans. Here is a pic of the car as it sits. It has been lowered with evil (cut springs) but one of the plans in GC coilovers.

It is a work in progress but I love the heck out of this car. It is awaiting some nice upgrades. I am swapping the drums for the discs (thanks to a 325i donor) and at some point an M20.

Hah! There's a 5er in my town that has American Forces in Italy plates.
    It's real though.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Hell yes.
      The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

Not a bad start. Would like to see it a the rally at deals gap.
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

welcome! nice start! i roll in a 85 318 as well, but im working on a m42 turbo swap! just some advise from what you have said, get off the cut springs as soon as you can, dont bother swaping a m20, either go m42 turbo or m50! m20 just isnt worth it, unless you just have a special place in your heart for the m20. Most ppl tell me its a waist to spend money on the m42 turbo but i still do it cause i love the motor :) anyways looking forward to seeing how your car turns out! :)
          sigpic

Comment

Nice. Sounds like you have good intentions.

I like the current look and state.
            Looks kinda post apocalyptic! :up:

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Well my plan as far as m20 goes is the super eta bottom end with the 2.5 head and m50 running gear. I have seen it on a friends car and it is dang fantastic. My reasoning for the m20 is the moment I drove my friend's car, I fell in love. I also plan to get off the evil springs soon.

I would definitely like to go to Deals Gap. I plan to attend Summer IA in Nashville.

Comment

Working...
              X