My first official pictures (post #18) + Exhaust clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first official pictures (post #18) + Exhaust clip

Just finished putting together a little clip of my exhaust that I thought I'd share. I have over 100 pictures from a couple of weeks ago taken by my friend with his 60D that I have to sort through to pick the good ones, hoping to get some up tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoHMFDhQmWw
    Last edited by 4drPwr; 03-22-2011, 11:44 AM.
    86Zinno

nice, you chopped the muffler off!
    i did this last month, definately makes it deeper/louder!
    shit gets real at WOT, everyone thinks i got something secret under the hood lol.
    downside is crusiing on the highway it does get annoying after a few hours, plus radio needs to be way high to drown it out.

but still glad i did it, wouldn't go back. how you liking yours?

Comment

Sounds pretty cool to me.
      '02 Outback wagon
      '87 325is 5sp
      '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

Why is there so much condensation coming from your pipes?
        -tim
        Originally posted by Jordan
        I like the stance
        -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

lol alllllllll over the cam. sounds good OP

Originally posted by Ryan...
          It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

shes a squirter!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecrossdaily View Post
              shes a squirter!

Does sound good though, make a drive by vid next

G.Verelli

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                nice, you chopped the muffler off!
                i did this last month, definately makes it deeper/louder!
                shit gets real at WOT, everyone thinks i got something secret under the hood lol.
                downside is crusiing on the highway it does get annoying after a few hours, plus radio needs to be way high to drown it out.

but still glad i did it, wouldn't go back. how you liking yours?
                I'm loving it. It's a bit loud on the highway to be sure, but it's very RPM-dependent. Same goes for driving on the street, there's a small portion of the RPM band that's pretty loud, but you're fully in control of how deafening it is via your driving style. WOT sounds incredible!

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                Why is there so much condensation coming from your pipes?
                Not sure, was probably just the random combination of conditions. Car idled to get warm, was shut off for a bit, pipes cooled, then turned back on with the ass pointed down an incline, allowing the water to really collect at the end of the pipes. As you can see it was an isolated incident as there was no water to speak of in the second warm start clip.
                Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                lol alllllllll over the cam. sounds good OP
                Originally posted by Ecrossdaily View Post
                shes a squirter!
                Had to include the money shot, the second warm start was filmed to replace the "wet start" but I figured why not.
                Originally posted by gverelli View Post

Does sound good though, make a drive by vid next
                A drive by is definitely in the works, to include cruising, light acceleration, and WOT.

I'm in the process of getting a muffler to gut and have the can slipped over my pipes so there's something for when the police give me trouble. I got a $450 ticket for removal of muffler and improper muffler. Have to send in my not guilty plea tomorrow coincidentally. Thanks for all the positive response so far guys!
                86Zinno

Comment

Sounds good to me dude

Comment

Stock manifolds or headers? Whats the diameter of the tubes?

One of the best threads you will ever read
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=221813

Nice trailer of my e30
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTjtG...e_gdata_player

If i sold you something please leave feedback here
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=217142

Comment

dunno if you have emissions or not but if you're doing straight pipes, get rid of that damn stock cat. weighs a ton and really frees things up. alternative would be hi flow 2:2 cat. i saw a difference in my top end power when winding out in 5th gear. stock one weighs like 25-35lbs guys?

It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by schtozo View Post
                        Stock manifolds or headers? Whats the diameter of the tubes?
                        Everything is stock until where the muffler would be. The catback is the oem piece but without the muffler, which was replaced with two ~2 foot lengths of stainless pipe.
                        Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                        dunno if you have emissions or not but if you're doing straight pipes, get rid of that damn stock cat. weighs a ton and really frees things up. alternative would be hi flow 2:2 cat. i saw a difference in my top end power when winding out in 5th gear. stock one weighs like 25-35lbs guys?
                        We do have emissions still, though my car will be exempt after it's 25 years old, so I only have to pass one more test. I've heard that a stock M20 with legit straight pipes is a raspy and unpleasant sounding engine? I would certainly consider a high-flow 2:2 if you have any suggestions on a particular model; I didn't have great success when searching a few weeks ago.
                        86Zinno

Comment

I'll tell ya right now not a single person, who has heard my car, has walked away without saying it sounds mean as fuck for a stock NA m20. especially at idle on warmup. Since we don't have emissions in Indiana, I run straight pipes with magnaflow muffler. Oh and I have no suggestions on a 'good' hi flow cat since we don't have emissions here. lol, sorry mane.

Oh, and the some of the guys who like the way my car sounds are not rednecks, lol. Prissy e46 boys, audi/VW guys, porsche fellas, & other bimmer fanatics.

Comment

Sounds good... For now, I give it a 30 days, after a few pull overs from the po po and maybe even a ticket you will get tired of it.
                            sigpic
                            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I'll certainly take that into consideration in the future, thanks Brandon.

Time will tell Levent, my previous setup was pretty loud and attracted plenty of attention but I had it for over two years. I only ever get attention from the UConn Police since there's so many in a concentrated area, looking for reasons to pull people over to check for DUIs, and just squatting in places especially around stops, where I have to move through three gears and my car is loudest. Back at home I've only had one run in with a cop compared to 5 or 6 here.
                              86Zinno

Comment

Working...
                              X