89 325is First Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 325is First Thread

So here she is, i traded an 86 325e i'd been driving around for a year(paid $550 for it) + some cash for her. when i got her she had been sitting for a couple of years due to a mysterious overheating problem, turns out they broke the throttle body cover mounting screws in the throttle body and plugged the coolant hoses that were connected and never replaced the thermostat. so due to the constant overheating the head gasket went out and so i'm in the process of changing the head gasket and all other associated gaskets bolts etc. it had a bucking and no start issue that i found to be the CPS, so i fixed that. and now just waiting til payday to buy the rest of the parts i need, and while i have the car off the road i'm hoping my funds will allow me to upgrade my worn bushings and stiffen her up. i can't wait til she is done, since i've had her she has been terribly underpowered, this is my first "IS" so i'm excited to see the difference between this and my old "e"
    **Update**
    CYLINDER HEAD BACK FROM SHOP (YAY!)

PACKAGE FROM BAVAUTO HAS ARRIVED!!
    Contents:
    325i head gasket kit(with all gaskets, o-rings)
    timing belt tensioner roller (didn't get new belt current belt has few miles on it, will monitor)
    2 mtech steering wheel accents
    head bolts

So currently i am in the process of putting everything back together.
    I'll upload more photos later today.

VIR JULY 4th!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Krueger; 04-02-2011, 08:14 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Congrats on the find man. I'm still waiting for the right "is" to pop up for myself. Glad you found yours.

Comment

Thanks dude, it was fate how everything worked out, my buddy's brother had the car and woth having the "e" i was super interested and at the time he was still tryin to figure out what was wrong with it and about the same time my brakes went out and i demolished my nice 16in rotas and my brand new tie rods, it seems he basically gave up and was wanting tosell it so i offered my car plus $660 and he took it.

Comment

Congrats on the pick up. Looks like it has lots of potential.
        sigpic

Comment

great start!

Comment

Nice! I think you know this, but you got a deal. M Tech wheel, Hurco armrest included?
            Keep us updated.
            87 E30 Vert Alpine DD May-Sept
            04 E65
            06 Denali XL
            GMC RV- Fall weekends
            Larson Boat-Summer Weekends
            84 E30 318 project/part/sell?
            91 318is parted- some parts left
            Sold:(
            98 E39 Sport
            97 E38
            95 525i
            95 E34
            87 524td
            87 535is
            (OO=ll=OO) "E30 owners seem to have wheels like some women have shoes"

Comment

Hey Suse!!! That thing is beautiful!!

Comment

very clean, I miss my E30 so much. Im looking into another IS

00 Audi S4 2.7tt 6MT
                02 Audi S6 Avant 4.2

Comment

Great find, that car seems really clean. Fix the overheating issue and you've got a sweet car on your hands.
                  '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Congrats, she looks really clean.
                    -Nick
                    Originally posted by 87e30
                    First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

New pics as promised

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FOUND THIS WHEN I GOT EVERYTHING APART

Comment

Found those cuts in the pistons, if you aren't going to maintain properly.... Don't f*cking buy it!!!
                        (luckily im piecing together a REAL b27 stroker- "i" block, "e" crank, "i" rods, and forged pistons with custom rod pin location)
                        I.ve got everything pretty much back together, just finished valve adjustment. Jyst gotta change the oil a couple times to get all the contaminated oil out and she should be good to go!

Comment

Where did you get the Head Gasket kit from. I recently picked a 91 325i and mines is overheating as well, but I also know that I have a blown head gasket...
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X